Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

41 - 60 of 90 Posts

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,862 Posts
Just an easter egg that I see, there Allan. Your caliper has been taken apart at some point and/or has had bolts fall out. There is one OEM "Star" bolt still there, then the rest are allen heads. Just FYI in case you need to rebuild it in the future. I've replaced all my Star bolts with stainless allen heads, that I then polished. (y)

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Just an easter egg that I see, there Allan. Your caliper has been taken apart at some point and/or has had bolts fall out. There is one OEM "Star" bolt still there, then the rest are allen heads. Just FYI in case you need to rebuild it in the future. I've replaced all my Star bolts with stainless allen heads, that I then polished. (y) View attachment 107136
View attachment 107137
Thanks for info.
Next time when i change break pads i will change bolts so they are samt and polish it up.
Your looks awesome :)

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
What application (year/make/model) is your shift arm/lever from? I've been c shift considering doing the same thing.
Hi.
Sadly i don´t know year on this since i got it with the bike.
But it looks like Ians picture.
Mine looks like below.

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,862 Posts
Hi.
Sadly i don´t know year on this since i got it with the bike.
But it looks like Ians picture.
Mine looks like below.
View attachment 107158
Ahhhhh, very good Allan. The VFR one I believe was steel, the Blackbird one in your pic is aluminum.

I would go with the Blackbird one (y)

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Following Track days is booked so far.
7 May evening 4 hours Sviestad racetrack
15 May Whole day Mantorp racetrack
22 May Whole day Sviestad with Aprilia Club
28 May Evening at Sviestad
11 June Evening at Sviestad
16-17 June. Two whole days at Mantorp.
I am very happy to have two great tracks in 45 minutes travel.
had to book early since almost every Track day to mid summer is full booked.

·
Premium Member
1,580 Posts
Big program for you and something I am very envious of, especially living so close to two circuits.

You think you'll be 'allowed out' in early May? Obviously I hope we all are, it has to end at sometime, but I think there will be a gradual reduction of the lockdown that might still prohibit large gatherings. Well, UK and USA at least.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Big program for you and something I am very envious of, especially living so close to two circuits.

You think you'll be 'allowed out' in early May? Obviously I hope we all are, it has to end at sometime, but I think there will be a gradual reduction of the lockdown that might still prohibit large gatherings. Well, UK and USA at least.
Every Track day is still on. They call it Traffic exercise so as long as we have same restrictions as today we will ride.
hopefully everything will work good. Races and race training is cancelled just if someone crash and need hospital care.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
This week i put in a order for following parts below from David Silver spareparts.
I will also put in a order for a new front and back tire since i have some Track Days booked so i have all things i want to replace when tires are warn out.
All is Honda original parts except for Cush drive rubber set.
If you build a bike like this i think original chain and sprockets will work for Track days.
I am looking on Michelin for new tires.
Anyone that does some Track days what are you using?

Order information
1 x 9501215001 - Battery retaining strap
1 x 06410MCF000P - Cush drive rubber set
1 x 06406MCJ751 - Drive chain and sprocket kit
1 x 90037422003 - Front drive sprocket retaining bolt
2 x OBW 003 12mm - Oil drain bolt and washer
1 x 15010MCE PACK - Oil filter pack of 3

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
I went a little crazy on my 99 track build. Dunlop Q3+’s, DID ERV3 520 chain, JT sprockets. It’s all overkill for my poor ability, but it sure does look awesome ?? View attachment 107219
Does Q in Dunlop tires stands for qualifiers?

41 - 60 of 90 Posts