Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

61 - 80 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Everything worked super good after re mounting all. Took the chance to mount front wheel fork guard at same time.
I don't know if I trust R&G products from now on, in a crash of 40kmh they did absolutely nothing. To be honest I still have to see the bike if oil leaked from the left side cover, but seems so...

Btw stock transmission kit is 15/46 if I remember correctly, and I suggest you change it if it is only for trackdays. I installed -2+3, but too aggressive, maybe 14 47 or something like that would be perfect

·
Premium Member
1,580 Posts
I don't know if I trust R&G products from now on, in a crash of 40kmh they did absolutely nothing. . .
That's because they put more effort into embellishing with logos than for providing protection!!

A 40kmh should result in PERFECT protection and merely a few scratches on the covers or bungs. Sorry to hear this. Hope you can fix quick.

·
Registered
23 Posts
That's because they put more effort into embellishing with logos than for providing protection!!

A 40kmh should result in PERFECT protection and merely a few scratches on the covers or bungs. Sorry to hear this. Hope you can fix quick.
Yeah :( if you remember from my thread my front wheel would not rotate freely, no mechanic knew why (they rebuilt the calipers, I will post a video soon). One week later I hit a big ass rock at night and it bent the front wheel, and then the other week I had an accident going to work in a roundabout, I just hope it just damaged the left side cover and the engine is not cracked :( I haven't had the chance to see it due to coronavirus

What a shitty year

·
Premium Member
1,580 Posts
. . . I hit a big ass rock at night and it bent the front wheel, and then the other week I had an accident going to work in a roundabout . . .
Wow, what a bad run.

Lucky you use the name 'anon'. That way no one will know what you've done!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
I don't know if I trust R&G products from now on, in a crash of 40kmh they did absolutely nothing. To be honest I still have to see the bike if oil leaked from the left side cover, but seems so...

Btw stock transmission kit is 15/46 if I remember correctly, and I suggest you change it if it is only for trackdays. I installed -2+3, but too aggressive, maybe 14 47 or something like that would be perfect
Hi.
Thanks for info and not nice with your bike.
R&G in frame was on since i purchase bike. Only i mounted was at front wheel axle so hope that cover something.
Then i have extra cover on each side of motor also.
Right now from previous owner my sprockets are 14/46 to be honest.
I am not a pro "yet:)" so think 15/46 will work this year just to get up tempo again but will see if i change again during summer.
Then we have long straights in one of the Tracks i will ride on since they do Drag Racing there to.
If i should change to 14/47 do i need another chain then or will standard fit?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Today i took my wife for a 100 km ride and she loved it even if we hit 185 km/h on a 70 km/ h road :D:D:LOL::LOL:
I also put in a order for Galfer front discs and pads for front wheel. Very expansive but you only live ones. Then I also put in money to have a private instructor for my first Track day in years so I think it well spent money.

Damn bike riding is not cheap ???

·
Registered
34 Posts
Instruction (from a qualified instructor!) on the track is absolutely invaluable! I had never put much effort into being fast on a sport bike. Got the hair to race, and booked an instructor for my first (and subsequent) track day(s). I also listened to the first 30 or so Ken Hill podcasts prior toy first track day, which is huge! If you haven't listened to Ken Hill's podcast, you need to! After my 3rd or 4th session with my instructor, I had gotten BOTH of my knees down on the ground, running what I thought to be a VERY impressive pace! I worry tires to their edges (well, not ALL the way to the edge of the front tire) and put some wear into both of my knee pucks! It was so incredibly rewarding!
The best possible money that you could spend on your riding is on instruction! I comfortably run mid pack in B group on Michelin Pilot Power tires! It's time now to step up to slicks and warmers for me, but took great pride in knowing just how capable those very affordable street tires were! Far more capable that 99% of riders out there!!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Today i bought this MC trailer for 280 pounds. Only 60 kg weight so can have it standing against wall in carport. Will be nice when I go on Track Days so I can have car with tools and stands for bike.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Okey know only 1,5 week left until first Track Day this year since one this Thursday got cancelled.
I feel more then prepared to this with a long shopping list done and have spare parts in my garage.

Done so far:
Changed oil and filter
Changed to K&N airfilter
Changed gear lever so i have gear one up and rest down
Fixed turn signals so they work. Only for street and not for track :)
Polished bike
Cleaned chain and sprockets
Rubber band over battery that was missing before
Motorcycle carpet for using in Pit
Bought a motorcycle trailer

Spareparts:
New chain and sprockets. Will change during next tyre change
New rubber behind back sprockets in wheel. Don´t know name of it
4 liter Motul 10W-40 oil
0,5 liter Motul RBF600 Dot4 brake fluid
New font discs and brake pads
3 new oil filters

Only thing left to buy is:
Extra gas dunk
New front tyre
New back tyre.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I would like to run a "race pattern" shift but unless that was all I rode I'm afraid I'd botch a shift by forgetting what I was riding. I'm pretty sure it'd be at the worst possible time and I'd end up on my azz (arse).

I've got cars with 4-5-6-7 speeds. There've been times with a five speed that I've went looking for sixth:eek:

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
I would like to run a "race pattern" shift but unless that was all I rode I'm afraid I'd botch a shift by forgetting what I was riding. I'm pretty sure it'd be at the worst possible time and I'd end up on my azz (arse).

I've got cars with 4-5-6-7 speeds. There've been times with a five speed that I've went looking for sixth:eek:
I know the feeling but have made some kilometers just to train my mind that i have changed and so far no problem.
I also know the feeling with try to find next gear when there are no more left :ROFLMAO:

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,862 Posts

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I run the 1 up 5 down and have since 93. But, even to this day my old brain farts on me and I start off in second sometimes:oops: For the most part, the other up and down shifts are OK. But, there is nothing like the push down on the lever to go faster, it's cool. I never raced or did track days back then (and only now have done a couple track days), but I always remember watching the old 500 GP guys left foot going up to down shift, and down to up shift. I wanted to look cool like them, and figured because I had no skill, that was the best way to do it :geek: ( I still have no skill, and don't look good anymore :confused:), my how the circle of life comes back at you 😂

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
So now first Track day is finished. After first session I had to change break pads. Second session I had to take it little easy with new pads. Movie is end of third session. Fourth session it started to rain. Fifth session started with a crash so only two minutes drive there. Sixth session was heavy rain so no drive for. I love riding on Track even if I am not fastest but so fun. GoPro Hero 7 is really good if you watch video. 6 days until next Track day.
I will upload film later.

61 - 80 of 90 Posts