Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

101 - 120 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
Little update on Bike.
Since mu clutch decided to quite working fine on gear 4,5 and 6 i put in an order for new clutch and ended up with EBC clutch with harder springs.
Was hoping to get them before this weekend but will get them early next week. Have two Track Days booked in 1,5 week.
Have also bought new tyres and ended up with Dunlop Sportsmart TT.
Has also put in a order for Healtech Gear Indicator also.

·
Premium Member
2,051 Posts
I've heard good reports on forums for EBC products. I think they might be better known for their brakes.

Will be interested to learn of your gear indicator fitting. A small tutorial might help some - as well as me. Even though they're described as 'plug and play' I have often wondered if they are really a simple installation! I am considering one for my Storm since V-twin gearing is so different to our Blades!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
I've heard good reports on forums for EBC products. I think they might be better known for their brakes.

Will be interested to learn of your gear indicator fitting. A small tutorial might help some - as well as me. Even though they're described as 'plug and play' I have often wondered if they are really a simple installation! I am considering one for my Storm since V-twin gearing is so different to our Blades!
Yes that EBC clutch is made for hard street racing or Track Days so hope it will be great.

I keep you informed when I install gear indicator @nigelrb

Reactions: nigelrb

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
Today i removed front and rear tire since I will change these tomorrow. Took a chance to clean up rear axle at same time.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
Okey now i am sad and angry.
Changed clutch and all that worked fine.
1 st, 2 nd , 3 rd gear works great. But when i go to 4 th gear and pull throttle it sounds like gear box will break. When i go slow on gas no problem but when i pull razzle razzle. 5 th and 6 th gear works fine also. Can anybody help me what can be wrong and what spare parts i need to buy to fix it PLEASE.
Sadly my Track days next week will be cancelled because of this :cry:

·
Premium Member
2,051 Posts
Sorry to hear this. Out of my league for advice. I'm sure one of the others will offer a quick solution - or at least advice.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
Sorry to hear this. Out of my league for advice. I'm sure one of the others will offer a quick solution - or at least advice.
Same problem exist after changing clutch I should say. So clutch is no problem it is something else. My guess is gear pinion maybe. For that take whole motor out for change 😢

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
If I decide to sell this one. Is better as it stand or in parts?
Have put in around 1500 Euro since I bought it and cost for bike was around 2600 Euro.

·
Premium Member
2,051 Posts
If I decide to sell this one. Is better as it stand or in parts?
Have put in around 1500 Euro since I bought it and cost for bike was around 2600 Euro.
You have a problem to sell as a complete bike if the gearbox is not working properly. You would have to drop a lot off the price. Better to fix the box and sell complete bike.

If you break it down, you will sell some parts for maybe good money, but also, you will be left with stuff you cannot store. You do not really want a swingarm and frame, maybe one wheel etc laying around your garage.

·
Premium Member
2,827 Posts
Okey now i am sad and angry.
Changed clutch and all that worked fine.
1 st, 2 nd , 3 rd gear works great. But when i go to 4 th gear and pull throttle it sounds like gear box will break. When i go slow on gas no problem but when i pull razzle razzle. 5 th and 6 th gear works fine also. Can anybody help me what can be wrong and what spare parts i need to buy to fix it PLEASE.
Sadly my Track days next week will be cancelled because of this :cry:
Yes as nigel says it would be best to have a go at fixing that one gear, engine remove , if you where to sell you would have to do it anyway, even a replacement engine

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
Problem is that this is over my head of knowledge and need to leave for mechanic and I don’t have space at my home to do this. Maybe the best is to leave it to a mechanic and do a full restoring of motor. Then almost everything is done on this bike.

Reactions: MrPickwick

·
Premium Member
2,051 Posts
A mechanic at full retail price will cost heaps and you won't even break even on sale. You have a very bad predicament because even if you advertise the bike with a fault, very few will be interested, and then, only those who want a cheap project or a breaker will offer crap money.

I'm wondering if teeth are broken on the 4th gear. Has any metal come out when you dropped the oil out?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
A mechanic at full retail price will cost heaps and you won't even break even on sale. You have a very bad predicament because even if you advertise the bike with a fault, very few will be interested, and then, only those who want a cheap project or a breaker will offer crap money.

I'm wondering if teeth are broken on the 4th gear. Has any metal come out when you dropped the oil out?
I did not see any metal parts in oil when i drained it or in bottom of bucket after pouring oil in bottles.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
But if i do a full resto i will keep it since i know everything on bike is top notch then. Anyone can guess what money we are talking about?

·
Premium Member
2,827 Posts
One selling under the Auction spares or repairs on Ebay here in UK , but yours is far better than this one , could be worthwhile getting an estimate for the job before you do anything drastic.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #116
Thanks. Yes i know have a mechanic to call to and wait to after i have speak with him what way i will go with this.
I really like the bike and my wife brother does resto on bikes but he live in Poland sadly. But he told me to do resto also because it is easier to work with older bikes then new ones.
I can do all by myself but not inside of motor because i have no place to work at and not knowledge.

·
Premium Member
2,827 Posts
Hi , maybe you underestimate your own ability, remember you just changed the clutch without any prior knowledge of it, but I know your itching to get back to the track, and maybe the mechanics estimate could be a good one, and you get to keep your own bike the way you like it, certainly worth it for that reason alone (y)

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
Hi , maybe you underestimate your own ability, remember you just changed the clutch without any prior knowledge of it, but I know your itching to get back to the track, and maybe the mechanics estimate could be a good one, and you get to keep your own bike the way you like it, certainly worth it for that reason alone (y)
Yes i maybe can more then i think.
Biggest problem is that i don´t have a good space to be at.
Otherwise i could pick the whole bike apart and just leave engine which could cut my cost much but i don´t have that space sadly.
Don´t think my wife and daughter would like having parts in whole living room :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
2,051 Posts
. . . Don´t think my wife and daughter would like having parts in whole living room :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
agree. That's why the seller of the blue one posted my Mr Pickwick states: ' - the wife is telling me to get rid of it all.'

And that's enough proof for me that singledom is the way to go! But Mr Stone, what you have to learn to do is convince your wife by asking: 'But honey, what's the difference between our daughter's toys and my bike parts?' :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
Okey new gear and fix my piston slap i have will cost around 1500-2000 Euro during high season.
Could be cheaper during winter
He recommend to buy a new motor and keep this for spareparts or buy a new bike now and fix other during winter.

101 - 120 of 130 Posts