Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all I’m new to riding fireblade’s after riding Gsxr’s all my life .. couple quick questions I live in Perth today was around 28degrees celcius.. sitting at lights the temp got up to around 96 degrees celcius is this normal .. also what fuel would people recommend as atm I’m using shell 95 any suggestions and information would be greatly appreciated.. thank you

·
Premium Member
2,051 Posts
Hi and welcome.

Most of the 998cc models will run up to about 98 degrees before fans come on. There's no drama with these bikes; they're robust and will cool down quickly once on the move.

I use the premium 98 octane 'ethanol free' fuels. Sure it's a bit more expensive and perhaps offers no discernible performance improvement, BUT, because of its higher 'detergent' level helps the bike run cleaner. I found after switching on my Blades (see signature) that I would get and extra 20 - 30 miles (32 - 48 klms) before fuel light came on. More importantly though, the ethanol-free does not promote perishing of tank and fuel system rubbers.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I too worry about low speed temps on my cr1000. The fans come on around 220F. With any speed, no problem, stop lights: about a degree inc every 2 seconds..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts