Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear all, I would like to inoform the the 08 blade owners that if you leave the key in the ignition for a while and you go back to fire it up it might not fire up, you just turn on off and on again and it fires up no problem, it says it in the manual that it might happen that the HIIS wont recognise the key. It happened to me twice so far. it is normal

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
Security and probably also to save the battery incase you forgot to turn it off. Sounds good to me but its another thing to go wrong IMO.

Thanks for the heads up anyways

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its not you leave the ugnition on.. its when you switch off and leave it for some time with key in

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
on the maual it says that our bike is equipped with power cut and this is exactly what happens, the fule pump wont work. you just turn off and on again all normal...does this ever happened to you fireblade 2008 owners

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
does this ever happened to your 08 blade, it simply wont fire up and yu had to turn off an on again and than ok?

·
Banned
236 Posts
It has not happened to me on my bike, I generally leave the key in the ignition whilst I am letting it cool down before I clean it, can be anything up to 2 hours in the ignition and when I turn the ignition on to ride it in the garage it fires up straight away and mine is the UK model with HISS.

Russ

·
Registered
100 Posts
That happens on my 05 blade, but I have to take the key out, then put it back in. I'm really glad its happened to other bikes!! thought it was just mine.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Northside does the fuel pump work when you turn the key and the hiss wont recognise?, what i mean is before you take the key out

·
Registered
100 Posts
What happens is, if I turn off the ignition but leave the key in for a while, when I try to srart the bike, the key won't actually turn. The HISS system prevents it. If I take the key out and wait a few seconds, when I put it back in it starts as usual.
I thought there was a fault with my bike or maybe my key, until I heard other people having a similar problem.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
but does the fuel pump work? that fuel injection noise do you hear it before it does not start

·
Registered
251 Posts
my 01 929 never does this.It has HISS.It doesnt realy make sense.....what is the point of not letting you start you bike when you want?It should start all the time the key is ON.When your bike is off,the hiss does nothing,so it shouldnt know that you have a key in the lock.It only searches for it when powered on.I bet its something else,or maulfanction.
Try with the second key.
Maybe you should recode the keys.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
I believe this is a minor inconvenience that increases the level of security. If you accidentally leave the key in the ignition switch, somebody might try to steal it.

If they are in a hurry (which I imagine would usually be the case) they might give up when it doesn't start immediately they turn the key to the "ON" position.

Of course, for somebody familiar with the bike it would be easy for them to remove and re-insert the key, or turn if off and then on again. But bike thieves might not think of doing that.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ok great thanks, that is what happens when the key is left in but not always. thanks a lot babisgr

1 - 20 of 24 Posts