Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Will begin uploading my winter project progress pictures and videos as I get on with the build, please bare in mind I only work on the bike once a week and will try to leave at least one update a week.
I have many parts being prepared for the build as we speak and will post up pics as of when they arrive.
I hope everyone enjoys this build as much as I am and I don't mind your opinions and any extra ideas you may want to add, Also any help I may need along the way will be appreciated as this is my first fireblade full rebuild.

Many thanks and enjoy

Jorge

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hi guys,
here is some progress on parts that are ready for collection and some of the bike as she stands now.

first off here is the spec list so far and parts i have in mind for the build.
*fireblade 954 fornt forks fully rebuilt and anodised gold with silver bottoms
*cbr 1000 rear shock fully rebuilt and anodised and coated spring
*aprilia rsv rear swing arm polished and aprilia logo removed
*aprilia rsv brembo wheels painted to match fairings
*brembo discs and wavy rear disc
*calipers rebuilt and powder coated
*f4i clocks and complete rewired loom with tail led lights
*all new front fairings custom painted in repsol rcv colours
* honda rs tail unit matched to body and custom sprayed also
* custom cnc subframe
* asv levers
* original brake masters rebuilt and anodised
* engine fully rebuilt and painted with engine cover vapour blasted
*custom exhaust on micron headers, ceramic coated
*carbs rebuilt and set up
*talon sprockets
*real carbon fiber fairing inserts
*switch gears refurbed( maybe carbon dipped)
*new rear sets still to be decided
*yokes vapor blasted
*samco hoses
*hydro cluch conversion( after initial build)
*pirelli super corsa tyres
*bolt kit
there is probably a few more things iv missed but will post pics up soon of all the new goodies

any comments on anything recommended welcome, also bare in mind this is supposed to be a budget build thats why I'm not going all out on ohlins yet maybe in the future and then will build a street fighter with existing parts.

big thanks to Mitch at Technical Solutions in Bristol for all the great work on my suspension and will be rebuilding my engine also keep an eye out for that, the man is great please check his work out on Facebook Technical Solutions.

Attachments

·
Registered
119 Posts
hi guys,
here is some progress on parts that are ready for collection and some of the bike as she stands now.

first off here is the spec list so far and parts i have in mind for the build.
*fireblade 954 fornt forks fully rebuilt and anodised gold with silver bottoms
*cbr 1000 rear shock fully rebuilt and anodised and coated spring
*aprilia rsv rear swing arm polished and aprilia logo removed
*aprilia rsv brembo wheels painted to match fairings
*brembo discs and wavy rear disc
*calipers rebuilt and powder coated
*f4i clocks and complete rewired loom with tail led lights
*all new front fairings custom painted in repsol rcv colours
* honda rs tail unit matched to body and custom sprayed also
* custom cnc subframe
* asv levers
* original brake masters rebuilt and anodised
* engine fully rebuilt and painted with engine cover vapour blasted
*custom exhaust on micron headers, ceramic coated
*carbs rebuilt and set up
*talon sprockets
*real carbon fiber fairing inserts
*switch gears refurbed( maybe carbon dipped)
*new rear sets still to be decided
*yokes vapor blasted
*samco hoses
*hydro cluch conversion( after initial build)
*pirelli super corsa tyres
*bolt kit
there is probably a few more things iv missed but will post pics up soon of all the new goodies

any comments on anything recommended welcome, also bare in mind this is supposed to be a budget build thats why I'm not going all out on ohlins yet maybe in the future and then will build a street fighter with existing parts.

big thanks to Mitch at Technical Solutions in Bristol for all the great work on my suspension and will be rebuilding my engine also keep an eye out for that, the man is great please check his work out on Facebook Technical Solutions.

AHHHHHHH so it's you from the owners club page on facebook! Looking good pal :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks guys
will get back soon with an update and some teasers of parts i have stocked up!!
need to get our bikes together after I'm done for some photos john...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
heres just a few pics of where i stand so far.
just about ready to drop the engine out for the rebuild now, will be having the rear swing arm work done next then is of to get both swing arm and frame matched polished. still thinking about rear subframe design swell but tail unit is still to arrive so i can begin with that.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hi guys heres an update been out in the garage again finally. been real busy lately thats the reason for no updates, work commitments.

i have dropped the engine to be rebuilt today and should be getting some progress pics for you. going to be having it all vapour blasted and the engine covers powder coated. i have recieved the tail unit now so can begin on the subframe design for CNCing. will be having some time off over xmas and will mock up the subframe and send away frame and swing arm for polishing and de badging.

also a few questions for you guys?
in the pics below i found some data engraved on the cylinder head and was wondering what it meant? i hear it could be a replacement engine or a previous rebuild?

whilst removing the engine, the right side top engine mount had no spacer between the engine and frame but in the manual it mentions to look out for the one there? any ideas?

cheers guys

Attachments

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,526 Posts
The numbers on the motor could be a salvage yards inventory number, and yes possibly a rebuild number/port/flow number. No real way to tell until you get into the engine. If it were ported you would be able to see grind marks in the intake ports.

I found numbers and letters inside my clutch cover when I took mine apart. I just assumed it was rebuilt by a shop, but don't know why, when, or where.

As far as the spacer on the right side engine mount, yes it should have been there. I would replace it if you don't have it. If the bolt that was supposed to be there was tightened too much it may have tweaked the frame enough that it won't fit. It's probably 4-7 mm thick. Your picture may just be an optical illusion but it looks like too small of a gap for it to fit.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
there was another member asking about engraving on his f4i recently. his was located in the same place and in the same format, 3 letters n 3 numbers between the ports on the head.

so i did some research and found another honda with engraving in the same place and format from another forum. its my thoughts, specially now with yours added to the list, that its a in house rework mark left by who repaired it or inspected it after a repair at the factory. likely some small imperfection or part out of spec during manufacture and reworked in house. i think its too much of a coincidence that there are three different bikes from three different countries with the same type marks, 3 letters and 3 numbers all in the exact same place on the head for it to not have come from the source. what they mean or why they are on there is just a guess tho.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
my 1000rr motor has the same thing??? I just thought the guy was making it easy to find if stolen. but mine was 4 numbers. JT 4044

1 - 20 of 38 Posts