Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

I am in desperate need of help!!

My 954 is being very weird. Ok so, turn the key and i have no front lights or indicators
The back indicators and light are stuck on.
Go to start off the button it will fire for a split second then cut out. Will not stay started. And have no lights what so ever on the front.
Tried new switch gear, charging battery but that seems to lose charge over night but not much. Tried chasing wires and nothing.
Any ideas??

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
There are a number of threads on here about non-starting so my first step would be to search and read up on other people's experiences - very wide and varied.
It sounds like an earth problem to me, or bad connector (corroded for example) or much more serious wiring issue.

have you checked all the fuses?
does the dash come on?
are the earth wires clean (no corrosion) and tight?
are there any extras such as a PC or an alarm fitted?
does the fuel pump prime when the ignition is turned on?
does the pump run when you crank the engine?
has the tank bee removed, or anything else, that may had disturbed any connections?

these are just some of the questions you need to look at.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is an immobiliser fitted but i thought that was standard?

All fueses checked and fine. Cant seem to find any faulty or bad wires. Fuel pump also kicks in fine

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
There is an immobiliser fitted but i thought that was standard?

All fueses checked and fine. Cant seem to find any faulty or bad wires. Fuel pump also kicks in fine
HISS is standard, but I was thinking of a Meta, Datatool, etc aftermarket alarms

you could check this nasty connector that goes bad....

IMG_3597.JPG
this little orange block is inside he wiring loom and goes nasty. the pins get corroded, you get bad earth feeds, bad power feed, and all sorts of bad problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts