Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone help. my 2002 954 has developed a problem at low revs when under load and when opening throttle. this is like a split second cut out between 2 and 3 thousand revs.

the problem is worse when the engine is hot and it doesnt show when bike is in neutral. the problem give a short sharpe judder / clatter.

there are no fi lights coming on and the exhaust note does not drop and the revs do not dip and the elecs remain on.

i have checked all sensors and elec sensors and connectors, check fuel pressure regulator, checked leads and plugs

bike has only done 17k and runs fine above 3000 rpm

?????????????????// what could it be?

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
can anyone help. my 2002 954 has developed a problem at low revs when under load and when opening throttle. this is like a split second cut out between 2 and 3 thousand revs.

the problem is worse when the engine is hot and it doesnt show when bike is in neutral. the problem give a short sharpe judder / clatter.

there are no fi lights coming on and the exhaust note does not drop and the revs do not dip and the elecs remain on.

i have checked all sensors and elec sensors and connectors, check fuel pressure regulator, checked leads and plugs

bike has only done 17k and runs fine above 3000 rpm

?????????????????// what could it be?

That "clatter" is detonation.
What do you mean this just "developed" - it didn't do this before today?
Do not give her hard throttle below about 4000RPM where she starts breathing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the post. the bike had run fine last year although i have only done about 180 miles in a year between mot's sad i know.

i changed the oil and filters and then went out for my first propper ride of the year and noticed the problem only slightly and when in town. i refreshed the fuel and run through a can of fuel injector treatment thinking that it could be stale fuel. this didnt help and the problem has got progressively worse and worsens when hot.

when you say detonation do you mean that fuel is not getting detonated and then is which is what is being felt / heard a the clatter?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts