Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
President: Team Full Chat
8,332 Posts
So the one owner lost the key? Where did you get the code to cut the new key with? The tool that dealers use to cut those keys is an ancient technology. It's possible their cutters aren't sharp enough or worn out to where is not accurate anymore. I had 2 keys cut by my dealer and he was really worried they wouldn't work, but I got lucky and they each worked. It's also possible the blank they used wasn't right. I think those old style Honda keys had 2 different style blanks.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So the one owner lost the key? Where did you get the code to cut the new key with? The tool that dealers use to cut those keys is an ancient technology. It's possible their cutters aren't sharp enough or worn out to where is not accurate anymore. I had 2 keys cut by my dealer and he was really worried they wouldn't work, but I got lucky and they each worked. It's also possible the blank they used wasn't right. I think those old style Honda keys had 2 different style blanks.

Correct. The code was given to me when I bought the bike on the metal tag. I went with an OEM Key blank.

·
President: Team Full Chat
8,332 Posts
Bike is an 03 954. Not my normal 94 900.
Ahhh, Ok, I'm not going to be much help then. I do remember the small tin tag that the original keys came with. But for the life of me I can't remember if we gave that code to order the new keys, or if we bought blanks and just copied them. Is it possible the code tag isn't from that bike?

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
Shouldn't be anything special about that key. I had three copies made at Ace Hardware on the old fashioned key cutter and they all work perfectly.

But since you don't have an original to copy from, if you don't want to pay for a service call from a locksmith, you can take the barrel from your trunk in to a locksmith.
(The 954s do have a trunk lock, don't they? :confused:)

·
Banned
831 Posts
Careful research and sifting through BS will reveal the answer to you in time. 4 days of ice and snow, there is no rush for a forum answer this week. Your sad forecast reminds me of cold walks to work in downtown Newton. Never again.

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
Careful research and sifting through BS will reveal the answer to you in time. 4 days of ice and snow, there is no rush for a forum answer this week. Your sad forecast reminds me of cold walks to work in downtown Newton. Never again.
This post is of no value to this thread.

I wish you would just tell us what you think the correct solution would be. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
101 Posts
If you take the trunk lock or gas tank lock off i think a locksmith will get it within 4 or 5 keys. On my 929 there were more tumblers in the ignition. I had to remove my gas tank and have the smith pick the lock to remove and make a key.

·
Banned
831 Posts
No offense japbikes, you're OK, just want to make a point to the peanut gallery. You poke a grizzly enough times, he's going to get pissed off and bite you in the ass. I'm curious, isn't JAP a racist and insulting prefix toward anyone Japanese?
Yet you've been able to carry such a handle for 16 months without ridicule from anyone, NO ONE cared to get their shorts in a bunch over it, and we know there are lots of Japanese in CA, they were US citizens and still locked up in US concentration camps. They even paid taxes! The Japanese Camps in California Enough of a history lesson, my focus is to help people. Seems "blunt" offends, but "japbikes" doesn't?
Maybe I need to take two glasses of Seafoam and post more spelling corrections in the morning? Imagine, someone thinks there is equality and fair play in a forum, and I don't get it?
If that's the case, change my ID to beanerbikes. I will be happy with any racist name like Chinkbikes, Mcbikes, Guidobikes, etc. It's just not fair he gets a racist name and I don't. To be politically correct, japbikes is offensive and should be changed to metricbikes or durablelongerlastingbikes. Jap is just wrong. Jap - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Attachments

·
Registered
101 Posts
I guess I never really considered the fact that someone might be offended. I really like Japanese bikes. If you guys can think of a better way of stating that be my guest. If I loved british bikes I would be named BritBikes, or italian bikes would be ITALBIKES not guido. Im not sure if thats an offensive term, but thats my point. Sincerest apologies to anyone I offended, and if you can think of another way to state this I will change it to stay PC.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts