Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
A mobile locksmith can come out and cut a key from your barrel, my son had it done with his car.
Spaz hello,

I'm in Chippenham too and have a key type question as well. I want to change the barrel internals to match the original key so that I can have several fuel caps with the same key fitment.
Any idea if locksmiths or anyone else can supply those brass pieces inside the barrel to match my key ?
Does that make sense at all ? cheers

·
Registered
684 Posts
Spaz hello,

I'm in Chippenham too and have a key type question as well. I want to change the barrel internals to match the original key so that I can have several fuel caps with the same key fitment.
Any idea if locksmiths or anyone else can supply those brass pieces inside the barrel to match my key ?
Does that make sense at all ? cheers
Yes makes sense, and the quick answer is no idea, i'd seriously doubt it, but give them a call anyway.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
if you have one key just buy a blank from Honda and get it cut somewhere. If your bike has HISS you'll need a chip and program it to the engine ECU which is a DIY job as long as you have one working key

·
Registered
20 Posts
DIY?
Do tell.

I had a couple of spares for my '01 929 done by Timpsons, one with a Chip, one without (for the Filler Cap and Pillion Pad lock, no point risking breaking a chipped one in those).

41 - 48 of 48 Posts