Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here have one? I have read some great reviews on the net!! Looking to get the HRR2162PDC. Looking at different brands of mowers it seems the Honda is always a bit more in price for the same features as other makes.

I also noticed that Craftsman uses Honda engines and is about $120 less for the same features.

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
I have a Honda powered Craftsman. Starts right away every time, and the only problem I have had with it is dulling the blade (by hitting the water meter cover with it - oopsie)

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BDA116 said:
I have a Honda powered Craftsman. Starts right away every time, and the only problem I have had with it is dulling the blade (by hitting the water meter cover with it - oopsie)
The Craftsman is the GCV overhead cam engine correct? The Honda I was looking at has the 4-storke. Big difference? Does the Craftsman have twin blades?

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
Mine is a few years old, and I don't know the model# off hand. It is a four stroke, and only has a single blade.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
freq said:
yup, top of the line HONDA mower. The tools at Home Depot rung it up as the cheapest model they had on the floor. SCORE!!!
and then they make it up on me, i buy the cheapest tools and get charged for the gold series :nono:

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
I have a Honda pushmower (not self-propelled). Starts up on the 2nd pull or so, when it's tuned properly. It seems to want a new sparkplug every year. I had a Craftsman push mower (Briggs and Stratton powered, I think) and it started up easily too, until I hit a stump with it and bent the entire driveshaft. Had to chuck it. Duh.

·
Premium Member
4,302 Posts
I have one of their push mowers, 5/6hp? cant recally exactly the spec on it, but I think it was about 500$ @ H.D. back in '99 or so. Still starts first or second pull, whether I maintain it or not, whether I drain the carb/floats for the winter, use sta-bil, or not. I dunno, I really shouldn't have bought a Honda machine for yardwork because now I never have an excuse not to do it! :D

I love the thing, and it has the ABS deck and mostly Al exposed stuff, making it light..and with that folding handle...it can be tucked into the trunk of the 4-door Civic quite well, no joke.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts