Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
i have encountered a problem with overfill recently . I'm the owner of a 929 and after a ride i notice that the oil level is over the high mark so i drained the extra oil wich was about 100 ml , i have a friend who also owns a 929 and puts 400 ml extra oil in it ( for wheelie reasons..... :)))) ) . None of us had any problems with our bikes . 8 ounces is about 200 ml so i doubt that will do any damage .
maybe you should check your cam chain or cam chain tensioner .......

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wow damn damn fuck me damn
I feel so bad for this guy who posted this, bro sometimes you have to just delete the thread and start over and maybe use some grade one vocabulary...
I think once or twice he got a somewhat of a answer above 2 iq.
Holly jesus fuck what a bunch of airheads WHO GIVES A FUCK WHY HE IS CHANGING THE OIL AGAAAAAINNN( IF HE WERE EVEN DOING THAT)
WHO GIVES A FUCKKKKK WHY HE IS DOING IT AT HOW EVER MANY KM( IF HE WERE DOING THAT) DAMN 3 PAGES OF REPLIES AND NOT A SINGLE ONE WHO HAS BRAINS.

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,992 Posts
Wow damn damn fuck me damn
I feel so bad for this guy who posted this, bro sometimes you have to just delete the thread and start over and maybe use some grade one vocabulary...
I think once or twice he got a somewhat of a answer above 2 iq.
Holly jesus fuck what a bunch of airheads WHO GIVES A FUCK WHY HE IS CHANGING THE OIL AGAAAAAINNN( IF HE WERE EVEN DOING THAT)
WHO GIVES A FUCKKKKK WHY HE IS DOING IT AT HOW EVER MANY KM( IF HE WERE DOING THAT) DAMN 3 PAGES OF REPLIES AND NOT A SINGLE ONE WHO HAS BRAINS.
Welcome to Fireblades.org, I see your first post is just a rant on an 8 year old thread that is 3 pages of "airheads" without brains which, to be fair, is exactly what you responded with. I don't see a viable answer that you provided either.

Maybe the original poster could use an actual answer from you?

Overfilling by less than a quarter of a quart would not, IMO, produce a ticking noise and/or create a power loss, unless it was sooo much that it got into the air-box and fouled some plugs. Even then, I'm not seeing crankcase pressure building up enough to do that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi I own a 2008 cbr1000rr with 3600 miles on it. A few weeks ago I took it in for it's first oil change. About a week or so later I started noticing a chattering/clicking/rattling sound coming from the top of the motor (I believe). At first I started thinking that the oil was too low, but after checking I found out that it was overfilled. The oil level seemed quite a bit higher than the high mark. I called the honda dealer today and explained to them the sounds the bike is making, the oil issue, and the decrease in power. I brought it in and the mechanic who did the service work didn't want to take any responsibility for the problems. Either way I had him pump out some of the oil which ended up being about 8 ounces. I'm not entirely sure what to do at this point. I know my bike and I know how it was running prior to taking it to the honda service dept. but the mechanic is acting oblivious to the problems I'm having, and is telling me that the oil couldn't have caused any issues. I feel like I'm getting the run-around with him. So I'm wondering if anyone has some insight to this problem or if anyone knows if the additional oil could have caused some issues? I did read somewhere that if you put in too much oil, the crankshaft will churn it up and introduce a lot of air into the mix. If this happens the oil pump has a hard time pushing it to the top of the motor which essentially starves the motor of oil. If the dealership will not do anything what options do I have? I've considered reporting it to the BBB and if necessary getting an attorney involved. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.
Don't worry bro my brother WAY OVERFILLED MY 97 900rr he changed my oil(trying to be nice!) When I was outta town and not only used regular 10w40 car oil but filled it on my side stand! As I'm going to see my girl I went to switch lanes and COULDN'T see the car right behind me nor the street light a 1/4 mile back SHIT was knocking pinging and clattering NO POWER LAGGING BAD! I WAS LIVID! LO N G story short I got the right SHIT and drained it filled it right after 50-100miles she was good!( had to drop my exgust clean it out with gas and shake it....5 gals worth but NO damage though &that was 2yrs ago

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Another question is, does the bike have a sight glass or dip stick? All my others bikes have sight class, but the 1000 has a dipstick. If you screw the dip stick in the reading will be high, it needs to just pushed in so rest on the engine cover and the bike upright so I’d first make sure I was reading it right. We all do daft things!! 🤣

41 - 45 of 45 Posts