Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 84 honda nighthawk 650. The bike was returned to us, from the police, after being stolen, and well there were a few things broken. The bike was then stored for 3-4 years. I changed the oil, added new spark plugs. When i changed the spark plug on the cylinder to the far left i found that the treads were bad. I was using the proper plug size, so i eased it down in. Also the choke plunger on the carborator that feeds that cylinder is broke, so the choke is always on, on that carb. When i started the bike i did find that one cylinder wasnt fireing. It was that cylinder with all the previous problems. It makes more of a poping and cracking noise. Does anyone know how to fix this???

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Well right off the bat you must get that choke open on no.1 cylinder and go from there. If the spark plug seated and tightened uo ok, it should be fine unless it's soaked from the choke being on.

You didn't mention about the fuel, if was replaced with fresh gas and carbs drained and so on. Old gas will only make things worse.

Also if you leave the choke always open on that cylinder, the engine should start fine with the other 3 operational.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts