Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2001 Honda RC51 RVT1000 Superbike. Under 3,500 miles - never down - excellent condition - clear title. Original paint in perfect condition.
Extras include new Pirelli Diablo Corsa III tires (190/55 rear), Erion Racing exhaust pipes, Dynojet Power Commander III, Corbin seat and flush front signals. Original seat and passenger seat are included with sale.

Never tracked, raced or stunted - this bike is in excellent condition!

The RC51 was designed as the motorcycle to be used by Honda's racing teams in the Superbike World Championship. In 2000 Honda released the RC51, powered by a 999 cc liquid-cooled V-twin engine. That year, it won the World Superbike Championship with Colin Edwards riding for the Castrol team. In 2001, Ducati regained the title but the RC51 was still a contender boasting superior reliability with comparable speed and power. The RC51 won again in its final year of factory-supported racing in World Superbike in 2002 and that same year also captured the AMA superbike title with Nicky Hayden.

The RC51 was a true racing superbike which incidentally benefited from gearbox sprocket changes for street use (factory RC51's were highly geared for top speed performance). It is expected examples of this model will gain value in years to come given the relatively short time in production and its ever increasing scarcity.

Not interested in trades. Scammers will be ignored, buyer must pickup with cash in person. Yes, you can find an RC51 for less $ but notice the high mileage and "wear" on them.

$6500

RC51 - a set on Flickr

·
Registered
86 Posts
I dug the info!! Thanks for taking the time to post what you did. And BURTONF166.................... Really Bro, you need to really stop bein such a hater, comin off all the time like your the coolest thing in plaid shorts.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
And BURTONF166.................... Really Bro, you need to really stop bein such a hater, comin off all the time like your the coolest thing in plaid shorts.
what does that mean?

I thought it was funny, most people on this forum know alot about bikes and their history, there was no flaming or anything, just a quick laugh.

The poster didnt take any offense.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Well I did and have seen many threads that you come off as a know it all, "Duh" stupid for asking, jerk kinda guy. Doesnt make new guys wanna be involved in threads you are apart of. Just my thoughts.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A web forum is a very impersonal medium. You can't see facial expressions or hear voice inflection, tone, etc. BurtonF166 may just be sarcastic... I haven't read any of his other comments but I try to give people benefit of the doubt until they prove me wrong.

BigRed, I'm glad you dug the info. The RC51 is a special bike - Unfortunately I don't fit well on it (6'3" 225lbs). If I keep it I'll probably get adjustable rearsets to see if that helps. I only ride my other bike at this point.

·
Registered
86 Posts
My buddy actually has this same bike, and is 6'3" 200plus. He got the titanium Gillestooling rearsets. They are fully adjustable and look sick! They weighed less together then one of his stock rearsets. I have Pics on my facebook if you are interested. And Very sorry BurtonF166, but those shorts suck @#$! lol

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I found a few pics online, they're sharp! One of my friends has a SP2 with Sato adjustable rearsets and he loves them. I have Vortex adjustables on my R1 and they're decent.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.