Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys im chasing after a CA250 or CMX 250 rebel frame. i have the motor recond. just need the rest of the bike either in parts or as a rolling frame. ive had no luck so far with finding one would anyone here have one to sell or be able to tell me where the best place to find one and what sort of dollars i might be lookin at paying? thanks...

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
hey guys im chasing after a CA250 or CMX 250 rebel frame. i have the motor recond. just need the rest of the bike either in parts or as a rolling frame. ive had no luck so far with finding one would anyone here have one to sell or be able to tell me where the best place to find one and what sort of dollars i might be lookin at paying? thanks...

Where are you?
You'd be more likely to find a complete bike than just a frame I would think.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im in rockhampton, all the ones ive seen round here are full bikes and all round the $3000 mark. im lookin to spend a third of that or less i dont mind if theres stuff missing handle bars, fuel tank, head light, tail light, motor.etc. i can source those with ease id just like a fair starting point i already have a motor, just need a bike.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
im in rockhampton, all the ones ive seen round here are full bikes and all round the $3000 mark. im lookin to spend a third of that or less i dont mind if theres stuff missing handle bars, fuel tank, head light, tail light, motor.etc. i can source those with ease id just like a fair starting point i already have a motor, just need a bike.

I can see you're in Rockhampton but what country are you in?

Have you actually priced up buying all the other parts already?
I'd be surprised if it's an economical way to do it, especially adding up all the postage costs for parts.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
and i live near a wreckers with lotsa parts no good frames tho. plus i want somethin for a project.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
and i live near a wreckers with lotsa parts no good frames tho. plus i want somethin for a project.

Wreckers prices are very high compared to buying stuff online though. Have you actually discussed the cost with them of doing it this way?
I would think you'd be looking at $500 or more just for a registerable frame, if you can find one that's not bent. I know a guy here that paid $400 for an eighties GN250 frame last year from a wrecker.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts