Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Re: Honda Recall

Yup I have an 06 and i love it, thye recalled they said fumes were building up that may causedexplosion after they do it if you look on the side of the egine the piece sticks out a little more then stock they fixed it in 07 after they realeased the 07 so possibly when you bought the 07 will matter if yo bought later in the summer it should have been fixed. Got any pics of CBR1000RR 06-07 looking for ideas to have mine custom painted, posibly with a yellow flake, sort of like the orange flake the the 600rr had in 03 wanted a yellow cbr but went with red because had no yellow.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. I have an 07 with about 2000 miles on it. I have not noticed anything regarding the performance. I will check with the dealer today just in case I am one of the vin numbers with the problem.

·
Registered
355 Posts
This recall is almost two years old. I assume it is still in effect since it is a fire hazard. Call your local dealership and give them your bikes VIN. They can tell you if you are effected.

·
Registered
7 Posts
i have an 06 1000rr and i was in a wreck last year in october and my tank had to be replaced from a massive dent the size of a tree and honda replaced it on the house they said it was part of the defect and gave me a 600 dollar tank no one told me except the dealership when they tried to order it honda asked if it was the stock tank

·
Registered
5 Posts
Re: Honda Recall

I know its nothing to do with the 600RR/1000RR, but a batch of the CBR954RRs were recalled when they were made as the bottom of the forks would corrode and could even cause the whole front wheel assy to come off.

I dont know if it affected everyone in the UK, or even if it affected people abroad, but its something to look into.

My Friend brought His back to the Dealership and they relaced the Whole front end Free of Charge

·
Registered
246 Posts
It's definitely great to get all this input... I haven't read all of these threads but some of these tanks were corrected before they left the factory... good to know!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mine was done last year as far as i remember, the actual problem was the Fuel Pipe under the tank and if the Tank wasn't put back down in the right Position it put pressure on the Fuel Pipe which led to Fuel srarvation. My Honda dealership had a look at it and Done what was needed, not to much hassle.....

·
Registered
246 Posts
A guy at Honda customer relations said it had to do with excessive vibration causing a weld to come loose and leaking fuel. This is apparently what Honda sent out in a notice... thumbs way up to them for getting this recall taken care of. Just think... a guy flicks a butt while your bike is dripping gas!

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Haven't heard of any mate, have heard of the odd dodgy battery where people have alarm/tracker/satnav etc.

Try starting a new thread for more hits, this is the recall section for the previous model.

·
Registered
246 Posts
hi, any one here facing starting trouble with the 2010 Honda 1000RR????
A buddy of mine has an '07 also and he said if he keeps his alarm on and doesn't ride the bike for a bit he has to put a full charge on his battery. If this fits your situation, try giving the bike a full charge.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
So....after a MONTH at the Honda dealer, they finally got the replacement tank for my 2006.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts