Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 Honda Shadow ACE 750 that makes a popping sound in the exhaust whenever I decelerate. I've only had the bike for a couple of weeks and haven't ridden in about 25 years so I don't know if this is normal. It's not on the level of backfiring but it's pretty steady and somewhat annoying. I'm just wondering if this is normal or if it's something that could eventually result in engine damage that I need to have checked out. It has Cobra pipes installed on it and otherwise seems to run just fine. Anybody have any thoughts on this? Thanks.

·
Registered
5,320 Posts
Poping on decel is normal, especially when aftermarket exhaust is done, my 06 gsxr 1000 with a slip on shoots out flames on decel....it will not hurt your engine at all.:thumb:

·
Registered
25 Posts
My 75 cb750 does that too. I have 4 straight pipes, but it does it no matter what. It could be that your bike is running lean too. I know when mine was lean it popped a lot when I let off an down shifted.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Should I try to adjust the fuel mixture? And how do I do that? If I need to take it to a shop I can do that but if it's something I can do myself, I'd like to learn how. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,320 Posts
Should I try to adjust the fuel mixture? And how do I do that? If I need to take it to a shop I can do that but if it's something I can do myself, I'd like to learn how. Thanks.
I would think my bike was running lean if it wasn't fuel injected, it should adjust, but there is a mod I could do to the air box that would eliminate it but since it causes not harm I don't bother. I really don't want to tell you to mess with anything and make your citution worse for you since you really don't have a problem. Sorry I can't be more help.:thumb:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.