Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 02 Honda Shadow ACE Deluxe about a month ago. It was running fine but one day it just would not start. It turns over like it is just about to start but just wont. I pull out on the choke and it still didn't start. So i bought a tester and tested both coils and they both read normal readings. I figured that it had to be the CDI box so I replaced the old one and still nothing. I drained the gas out of the tank (it was only 2 days old) and replaced it with new and still no change. I was going to replace the spark plugs but i needed a 18mm skinny to do so. Instead i just removed the boot stuck a screwdriver held it to a ground and cranked it and had no spark. I checked all the fuses including the main fuse by on the ignition sylinoid and it is still giving me fits. If any one has any ideas please tell me I am completely stumped and really want to start riding again.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
I bought a 02 Honda Shadow ACE Deluxe about a month ago. It was running fine but one day it just would not start. It turns over like it is just about to start but just wont. I pull out on the choke and it still didn't start. So i bought a tester and tested both coils and they both read normal readings. I figured that it had to be the CDI box so I replaced the old one and still nothing. I drained the gas out of the tank (it was only 2 days old) and replaced it with new and still no change. I was going to replace the spark plugs but i needed a 18mm skinny to do so. Instead i just removed the boot stuck a screwdriver held it to a ground and cranked it and had no spark. I checked all the fuses including the main fuse by on the ignition sylinoid and it is still giving me fits. If any one has any ideas please tell me I am completely stumped and really want to start riding again.

Bad kill switch perhaps?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No when i hit the kill switch it kills it. It wont even try to turn over. I do not think it is a kill switch problem. But thanks.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Check side stand safety switch maybe jump wire it and test voltage at coil again. Seen those side stand safety switch go bad and kill ignition to coils

1 - 5 of 5 Posts