Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
Sweet, within 2 years huh. By then I'll be ready for a replacement for my 954. I'm sure it's wishfull thinkin anyways.

Dano

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
ReaperAZ said:
Sweet, within 2 years huh. By then I'll be ready for a replacement for my 954. I'm sure it's wishfull thinkin anyways.

Dano
:metoo:

·
Premium Member
5,711 Posts
The "spy photos" of the latest MotoGP engine were false. Honda said they existed in the computer but no where else. I'll believe it when I see it. Would be interesting though. :idunno:

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ReaperAZ said:

Dano
Yeah, MCN trying to get us all excited....although where there's smoke there's fire, and I think we will see a V5 road bike pretty soon. I have also heard rumors that Honda has a V6 GP bike.

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
I think Honda honestly has been working on a 3 cylinder motor, because the FIM is definitely going to change the rules, and as always Honda will be ready.

If we do see a road going V5, which is possible, but it's also possible that TB will get to stick Charlize, it's going to be expensive. I would eat Ramen noodles to save for a V5, but $25k-30k for it will mean very, very few of us will own it, and I doubt that many will even be made.

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
booth23 said:
I think Honda honestly has been working on a 3 cylinder motor, because the FIM is definitely going to change the rules, and as always Honda will be ready.

If we do see a road going V5, which is possible, but it's also possible that TB will get to stick Charlize, it's going to be expensive. I would eat Ramen noodles to save for a V5, but $25k-30k for it will mean very, very few of us will own it, and I doubt that many will even be made.

Tell ya what booth, I'll go halves on the Ramen with ya. We'd save up even faster. So what flavors you like??????? :rotfl:

Dano

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Let's get a group buy going :clap:

I'd give up Mexican beer for that bike. I could just see it now, one of my boys calls "Hey man, we are going downtown to the spot, lots of women will be there." b23 "sorry man I can't, I can't drink beer until next year, I have to save $." "What dude? WTF are you saving for a damn ring or something?" b23 "Nahh, I've got a V5 on order" "oh shit man, I understand then." :evilaugh:

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
booth23 said:
Jay Leno will get one!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
4,302 Posts
It says it right there "honda will be following suit with ducati", I'd say 30k is about right :D

Now this following buisness I don't know about - I'd think keeping an anchor of that size onboard would hurt the subframe...

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
didn't the rc211v have a weird size engine, a 3 or 5 cylinder? I forget which

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
booth23 said:
You mean like they were with the 929 in the AMA 1000cc (not 930cc) class? :rotfl:

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Honda guys told me ages ago before we new what the CBR1000RR was gonna be, that they would bring out an inline 4 (CBR) and also a V5, which would be around the $35-40K AUS mark, but didn't know when, so I rekon it'll happen, but it ain't gonna be Blade priced, that's for sure.
Mmmmmmmmm V5. Urghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

And yep, V3 is the way they'll go.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts