Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Holy  I dunno but we will see in a month if this is true or not.  Everything I've read (too many sources) state inline 4.  But I remember someone from this site meeting Baba, and asking him if it was an inline 4 or V5, and Baba told him to be patient and wait.  We'll see soon.

Edit: Also, when I spoke to Dan about the new Blade he mentioned nothing of a V5 and he would have, had this been true.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Even if Ten Kate has a V5 block, it doesn't mean it is for the Blade.

But a new RVF could happen...

·
Registered
246 Posts
Naw, they've got the V-5 block, they're just gonna plug up the spare cyclinder for the street version.  

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
Seems more than likely the V5 is probably for another bike. Only a month and a bit to go now..

Z...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi, this is my first post.

I just took delivery of my new blade and during the hand over process, the guy said 'did I want to put my name down for the replacement blade or the V5 limited edition'.

They have seen leaked pics of the bike.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Heard the same, but feel it is in the future few yrs & not for '04 models.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
TROLL

I bet there will be a 2004 blade! and I bet it will rock! But I bet it will not be a V5! The V5 will probably knock out the RC51's slot in the line up before the inline 4's. Besides...there is still so much untapped potential in the 4's.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
showmethebombs : TROLL

I bet there will be a 2004 blade!  and I bet it will rock!  But I bet it will not be a V5!  The V5 will probably knock out the RC51's slot in the line up before the inline 4's.  Besides...there is still so much untapped potential in the 4's.
That's ok if the RC gets knocked out, then maybe in ten years I can sell it for like $20k like the RC30's are going for

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Mattress : Quote (showmethebombs @ Aug. 04 2003, 8:19am)TROLL

I bet there will be a 2004 blade!  and I bet it will rock!  But I bet it will not be a V5!  The V5 will probably knock out the RC51's slot in the line up before the inline 4's.  Besides...there is still so much untapped potential in the 4's.
That's ok if the RC gets knocked out, then maybe in ten years I can sell it for like $20k like the RC30's are going for
sounds like a plan to me! hehehe!!! I think I will keep the RC for a long long long time...might add another in the future though!

V6...come on!

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
Mattress : That's ok if the RC gets knocked out, then maybe in ten years I can sell it for like $20k like the RC30's are going for
Good one....!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Why is it when I post in US forums, I am accused of being a troll.

There is a second post in the UK, that confirms the V6 for MotoGP.

If you think a little bit it makes perfect sense.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
There was an article in CW (or one of the mags) talking about Honda developing the V6 in the eighties. I think it also mentioned the possibility of them going back to it for GP.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts