Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I like to ask for advise I recently bought a Honda 2006 VTX 1800 with 7380 miles. I driven dirt bikes and ATV but recently street bikes, the price for the bike was great at a bike dealer, But I'm thinking I have an issue, after I ride for a while I cant get the bike to engage 1st gear without letting the clutch out a bit. it only happens when I ride for a bit. and should the 1st, 2nd 3rd sound like a clunk loud sound when changing gears.

PLEASE HELP My Fellow riders.:welcome:

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Hi everyone I like to ask for advise I recently bought a Honda 2006 VTX 1800 with 7380 miles. I driven dirt bikes and ATV but recently street bikes, the price for the bike was great at a bike dealer, But I'm thinking I have an issue, after I ride for a while I cant get the bike to engage 1st gear without letting the clutch out a bit. it only happens when I ride for a bit. and should the 1st, 2nd 3rd sound like a clunk loud sound when changing gears.

PLEASE HELP My Fellow riders.:welcome:
If you stop moving then you will probably need to let the clutch out before it'll go in to first. If the rear wheel is still turning it should go into gear fine.
If you are using the clutch, and not making the shifts fast enough then it will be clunky.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts