Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I hope they change that headlight for the production bike. A little silly to give it that older look when everyone else is moving forward to evolve the appearance..

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's a computer generated impression of what they think it will look like with the recent patients filled. Mmmmm

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
It's a computer generated impression of what they think it will look like with the recent patients filled. Mmmmm
MCN is the AutoExpress of the bike world. Take a best guess at what the bike/car is likely to look like, spend a few hours on photoshop and then present it as fact.

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
This smacks of all the hype, 2 years worth, about what they finally named the rc213vs.
It finally came to fruition, for a US price tag of $180K. And you don't get the full power. HP was cut substantially for the US market, and cut to an embarrassing low HP output for Japan.
Is this something like that, or is it legit?

·
President: Team Full Chat
8,154 Posts
Until Honda comes out with a 1000cc V-4 that's got what it takes to win a manufactures media shootout, has mass appeal, and is marketable ie AFORDABLE to the average enthusiast, I call bullsh!t on any artists rendering or rumors of a true race replica ever happening. That's just the way it is. Not since the 900RR and its power to weight ratio has there been anything to write home to Honda about.

It's just not Honda's thing anymore. The RC30 and RC45 were just not reasonable sport bikes for the masses. Needed huge dollars or a race deal to have one, and even more $$ to get the RC45 over 80hp....

I'm sorry, but daddy has spoken :spank:

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
I pulled this off the MCN website that OP was referring to. Ok, now they have my attention.

MCN sources have revealed that the new Blade will get electronically adjustable Öhlins suspension, and a full suite of rider aids — including a new version of the C-ABS system, traction control and anti-wheelie. Mechanical changes are expected to include a completely new four-LED headlight, ride-by-wire throttle to enable multiple rider modes, a huge new ram-air system utilising a new headstock air intake, a new airbox, a revised fuel injection system for increased power and torque, and work to reduce internal friction.

and this:

MCN’s sources have confirmed that the new Fireblade is scheduled to be revealed at the end of this year so it can go on sale as a 2017 model — 25 years after the original CBR900RR-N FireBlade, created by Tadao Baba took the biking world by storm.

New Fireblade to rule the roads | MCN

And since Camper teased us with that RSV4rr, this:

Tetsuyo Suzuki, the head of Honda’s Research and Development arm, has confirmed that there are three projects being worked on, but right now the only bike that has been given the go-ahead is the new Fireblade. The other two options remain nothing more than research projects.

Honda plans RVF1000 V4 superbike | MCN

Now, back to watching the bourne identety :popcorn:

·
President: Team Full Chat
8,154 Posts
Jason Bourne is the man......however I still believe the bike will not be something a sport bike guy walking into a dealer with a hankering for a deal will be able to afford. And I'm talking like an RC30 style $25k price tag. Then he'll go across the street and grab a cheaper R1M. I'm not always right, and would love to eat my opinion, but I just don't see it happening to where you or I could go grab one of these puppies and feel good about dropping all that coin on a motorcycle. If money was no object though I would have 4. :eyebrows:

Hopefully we'll revisit this thread in a year or two and you can all bash the hell out of me for being wrong.:D

·
Registered
564 Posts
Come on now...
~14k for this beautiful piece of machinery! ~180 rwhp, electronics galore, v4 loveliness!

I have the ok from the woman, just waiting on the down payment.. :smilebig:

Hopefully I can have one delivered from Italia within this year.
And yes, the 954 is staying. ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts