Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 98 900 and rode it a day before i bought it and it rode fine, but now that i have it home, it wont start!! It has spark and it is getting fuel, but it just wont fire! It trys to but just wont do it. Any ideas? I hope i didnt just blow $2500!

·
Premium Member
9,082 Posts
stupid question...... but are you using the choke ta start it?

·
Premium Member
9,082 Posts
yeah im using the choke
the reason I ask is

neither of mine needed the choke unless it was very cold.... even if, not started for weeks.

when I first got mine. I was used to starting my GSXR that always needed the choke ta start & I flooded it :crap:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the guy i got it from said the same thing, that it only needed the choke if itd been sittin a while, but it wouldnt start when i wasnt using the choke so i tried using it and that didnt work either. im gonna change plugs and i took the coils off my 94 to see if the ones on the 98 are just weak

·
Premium Member
9,082 Posts
the guy i got it from said the same thing, that it only needed the choke if itd been sittin a while, but it wouldnt start when i wasnt using the choke so i tried using it and that didnt work either. im gonna change plugs and i took the coils off my 94 to see if the ones on the 98 are just weak
well hopefully, it just a case of you not being used to it's starting routine......

they all got ther own slight foibles.... my first(now loopys) needed no choke, but a very slight bit of throttle just as it fired...
Roadkill needs a bit of throttle as ya crank......

both flood easily if ya choke them in anything but minus tempritures

·
Registered
20,980 Posts
My 99 600 always had to be started with choke...except when it was hot...go figure :rolleyes:

As SB said, they're all quirky in their own little way :cool:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
changed plugs and it fired right up! and it was flooded bad, the plugs came out wet! and this thing is stupis fast compared to my 94, just like i hoped! thanx for the advice guys!

·
Premium Member
9,082 Posts
changed plugs and it fired right up! and it was flooded bad, the plugs came out wet! and this thing is stupis fast compared to my 94, just like i hoped! thanx for the advice guys!
:clap: good ta here it's going:D

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Another satisfied customer....Hehehehe :smilebig: :thumb:

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
And I would be.....exactly where I am now....DAMMIT!

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
New spark plugs maybe? :idunno:

If it was working fine, the chances are it won't be anything too serious.
Bloody hell, I got one right! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Bloody hell, I got one right! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
aha it was a pretty easy one to diagnose I feel.
My 99 did the same thing to me one day, and all I did to it was severly flood it.

Eitherway.. Yes the 98 will be quite a bit faster then the 94 haha.
My sister had a 93.. I had to ride that thing to get some gas for it, she didnt want to go out in the cold.
But yeahh it had nothing on the 99

1 - 19 of 19 Posts