Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

How can I fix this it just started today and this is my only form of transport.

Replace fuse, fine, get on bike and ride for more than 10 minutes and it blows.

How can something like this start so randomly?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Kind regards
Rob

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, thanks to this site, I found a wiring diagram.

Now I have had a problem with my speedo since I got the bike, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I notice that the speed sensor is on the same feed as the tail/horn/meter fuse, if the speed sensor was shorting out, could this possibly be the reason for blown fuses?

Any input here would be appreciated.

Kind regards
Rob

·
Registered
328 Posts
Any thing that is on that feed that shorts to ground could cause the fuse to blow. Sucks that it is intermitten like that and not just instantly blowing. Much harder to troubleshoot. It could be a break in the loom and takes just the right bounce to make it short. Could be a multitude of things. I would check the whole length of the harness. You will have to remove the tank and air box. Look for any spots it may be rubbing something. Also, check the tail and tail light connections.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi,

Thanks for your input, yes the intermittent nature of this is what makes this rather distressing, I have managed to track it down to somewhere on the tail light loop, as there is no problem running with lights off, and I have a speedo now which is a bonus, but as soon as the lights go on, that fuse will blow within about a minute or two. I am suspecting the wiring at the back end of the bike, but it will have to wait till I can completely confirm that running with the lights off for a distance is not a problem.

Kind regards
Rob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts