Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am interested in getting an undertail this summer for my 929RR and was wondering for guys/girls here using the Hotbodies or Extreme Graphic Undertail can give me some info.

Want to know if its possible to hook up aftermarket signal lights to the undertail (LP signal lights) When I checked Hotbodies site it showed the undertail but where do you hook up the lights?? Is there a bracket you can buy?? It doesn't show anything for the signal light to hang off?? I was thinking it could maybe be connected to the lic plate bracket which it comes with.

Also anyone with actual pics of these 2 undertails on the bike please post it here. Anyone run into fitment problems with these 2????

Thanks for any info you might have.

·
Registered
20 Posts
When I worked for a MC shop we used Hot Bodies for a lot of undertails for different bikes, Yamaha undertails were the most bought from Hot Bodies actually. But they are good and good prices. (at least for us)

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool thanks for the info guys!!! That first pic just looks like a fender eliminator with aftermarket signals. Correct me if im wrong.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great!!! Thanks Calkidd!!! Great writeup and good closeup pics.

I do have a question regarding the turnsignals though: Are they integrated to the brake lights??? Is it possible to put something like the LP Short Stalks on there. I'm just concerned at how visible and bright the turn signals are if they are integrated into the brake lights. Also if you can use LP short stalks do they bolt into the lic plate bracket??

Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
I basically had the same setup as CALKIDD but used some 90's on the license plate screws and then hung turnsignals off of the 90's.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the info, sorry for asking a 'dumb' question but what do you mean by using the 90's on the lic plate screws???? Do you happen to have any pics??

Thanks for the help guys!!!!

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
JWHT said:
Thanks for the info, sorry for asking a 'dumb' question but what do you mean by using the 90's on the lic plate screws???? Do you happen to have any pics??

Thanks for the help guys!!!!

Just some ninety degree brackets about 3/4 of an inch in width. Available at most any hardware store. Trim, drill and paint if you so desire.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have the Clear Alternatives LED rear tail light. Very bright and can be seen very clearly night or day. I like the way it cleans up the rear of the bike. Never did like the turn signals hanging off the side, even the short stalks.

There is a review for these also, but for my partners 98 900. Go here.

·
Registered
131 Posts
freq said:
JWHT,

Put turnsignals on your bike.

Respectfully,

freq
Must be a missunderstanding. There are turn signals on my bike, just integrated in the tail light. I was saying because I have LED's the signalling and braking lights are bright. With the integrator it cleans up the rear of the bike. I have turn signals.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Calkidd said:
There are turn signals on my bike, just integrated in the tail light. I was saying because I have LED's the signalling and braking lights are bright. With the integrator it cleans up the rear of the bike. I have turn signals.
Those aren't turnsignals, those are an accident waiting to happen and will only confuse people, especially cagers and the unwashed masses.

An officer of the law no less. I'll bet 1/2 of your brothers on the force would be willing to write a "fix-it" for the average rider they pull over with the same set-up. :deal: Maybe I'm wrong. :idunno:

·
Registered
131 Posts
freq said:
Those aren't turnsignals, those are an accident waiting to happen and will only confuse people, especially cagers and the unwashed masses.

An officer of the law no less. I'll bet 1/2 of your brothers on the force would be willing to write a "fix-it" for the average rider they pull over with the same set-up. :deal: Maybe I'm wrong. :idunno:
Please don't use my position as a way to point the finger at me. That is fine, your opinion is you prefer additional turn signals I don't. I like the cleaner look with out the signals being there.

Have you heard of anyone receiving a citation for this mod? If that is the case then everyone on this board, including yourself, is guilt of a violation for modification. If anyone who alters their bike in anyway other than stock is "modifing" their bikes. Thus, suseptable to a citation.

I suppose you think these little tinny short turn signals are any better? You really think those are just as easy to see than stock? I would think a 2" circle comprised of 40+ LED's would be a hell of a lot brighter than some incandesent 12 watt bulb behind a orange lens.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
I'd point the finger regardless of your position. The whole "integration" thing sucks as far as visibility goes IMO. May as well just flash your brake light. ;) Which I do when stopped at red lights, regardless of whether I'm turning or not. I like to be SEEN, sometimes.

·
Registered
453 Posts
freq said:

i will bet you anything that you wont find a cop that doesnt know that the integrated signals are not the way it came from the factory unless that cop owns or is very familiar with sportbikes

·
Registered
12,126 Posts
Calkidd said:
I suppose you think these little tinny short turn signals are any better? You really think those are just as easy to see than stock? I would think a 2" circle comprised of 40+ LED's would be a hell of a lot brighter than some incandesent 12 watt bulb behind a orange lens.
The short stalks on my XX are just as bright as the stock ones, they just look more streamlined, and are more of a "match" for the bike. On the 600RR and the 1000RR, we decided to keep the stock signals, and just put clear lenses and amber bulbs on them. Still, very easy to see.

(And yes, I do think the LEDs are harder to see, because they are in such a cramped space when integrated into the small tail light.)

Especially when riding in a group, you want the people behind you to have NO QUESTION of your intentions.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts