Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CycleTrader wants $100+ for a 3 week ad!
Thats crazy, AutoTrader only charged $60.
for my car and that was an unlimited time ad!

I have to check with the bank, but I think I owe about 6-6.5K.

Anyone ever Ebay anything?
A friend seems to always get lucky selling on there,
but it seems a little sketchy to me?

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
I'd definitely do eBay, especially if you know/trust someone with a bunch of good feedback (ideally yourself) that would list it for you. The sale is almost guaranteed, and the exposure is probably unmatched.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Nope...never tried ebay but I hear it works pretty good.

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
nhfirefighter13 : Nope...never tried ebay but I hear it works pretty good.  
Ya, and someone can ebay your bike the week after yousell yours You may want to photochop a transparancy over any pics you post so people cant steal them.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
We're trying to figure out how to add a code to prevent the 'right-click, save as' thieves....there are a bunch of auctions that do this...now we just have to figure it out. We've considered adding a watermark but in order for it to be effective it'd have to be over the bike which would hide detail on whatever we were selling.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
What is so bad about some one else using your pictures? They won't have the bike, nor your contact information so what does it matter except that they are bastards for trying to trick some one?

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
tlrsuperbike sold his TLR on ebay, and it was smooth and simple. I would have no problem doing it. I would just not like to crate and ship it personally.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
What's worked well for me so far is putting up my own informative webpage with pics then linking that page in ads on free classified sites...e.g. Craigslist.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
WetShrub : What is so bad about some one else using your pictures?  They won't have the bike, nor your contact information so what does it matter except that they are bastards for trying to trick some one?
The photos and descriptions as well as the auction templates we use are property of The Collectable Trader, first and foremost.
Second, Anyone using our photos and descriptions ARE trying to scam people out of money which isn't cool....especially when we get emails from people asking if WE are scamming people as now they don't know for sure who has the bike in their possession. Thieves suck.

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
I sold my Shadow 750 ACE Deluxe on Ebay not long ago. It went real well. Just be sure to set the reserve high enough so that you get what you want.

Costs $25 to list, then $25 if it meets the reserve.

Good luck. Also, make sure to stipulate that the buyer either comes and picks the bike up, or pays for shipping.

dan

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Heavy-Dee : I sold my Shadow 750 ACE Deluxe on Ebay not long ago.  It went real well.  Just be sure to set the reserve high enough so that you get what you want.

Costs $25 to list, then $25 if it meets the reserve.  

Good luck.  Also, make sure to stipulate that the buyer either comes and picks the bike up, or pays for shipping.  

dan
Thanks Dan,
I guess you got what you needed to for it, but was it a fair price?
I know I will have to buy out my loan, I am just not trying to spend 1k to due so. Ya-know?!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts