Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
960 Posts
I saw a device on the market a year ot two ago which was a plastic screen which was clear until you applied 12V across it when it went opaque. It was supposedly to hide the plate on show bikes. As if ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
254 Posts
EDDIE110171 said:
Called FASTAGS what could possibly be a legal use for this product? :idunno:
Don't worry about it. I guess if you GET CAUGHT using one you'd be in more trouble than trying to come with a reason why it is legal.... :evilaugh:
(just kidding, btw)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,824 Posts
It's been my experience that by the time the average sportbiker knows a cruiser is behind him, the officer has had time to observe and note the bike's plate anyway (for example, before the lights come on and an attempt to do a traffic stop is made).

Go ahead and run boy, I'll see you at home a little later. :plunge: ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
803 Posts
Well, lets see. It could be used when you are showing your bike off in a car show, or even just at the house. You could also use it when they are filming in the area. Just pop your plate up, and it save them the production time of blurring out your plate.

It's legal if you use it for the intended use, which doesn't include the street. Just like having a gun is legal as long as you don't kill someone without reason, using said gun.
Fig
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,704 Posts
Fig said:
Well, lets see. It could be used when you are showing your bike off in a car show, or even just at the house. You could also use it when they are filming in the area. Just pop your plate up, and it save them the production time of blurring out your plate.

It's legal if you use it for the intended use, which doesn't include the street. Just like having a gun is legal as long as you don't kill someone without reason, using said gun.
Fig

Fig, I was thinking along the same lines. Normally when they do America's Worst Car Chases or whatever, they blur out the plates. This would definitely save time and energy on the producers part.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,997 Posts
seamus said:
Fig, I was thinking along the same lines. Normally when they do America's Worst Car Chases or whatever, they blur out the plates. This would definitely save time and energy on the producers part.
Hello Art Major.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,844 Posts
If you take your bike to trackdays, it's useful. Ain't it always rumoured that there are insurance agents by the track, writing down everyone's plates? If you crash it and try to claim insurance.....

So it saves the 30 seconds of taping up your plates. Hey, 30 seconds saved is 30 seconds earned.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
803 Posts
seamus said:
Fig, I was thinking along the same lines. Normally when they do America's Worst Car Chases or whatever, they blur out the plates. This would definitely save time and energy on the producers part.
You know that has to be exhausting. Like making the Girls Gone Wild commercials showable on regular tv. And what's with the t-shirt blurring out? I think I will just make blurred out t-shirts and wear them around. That ought to confuse them.
Fig
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,731 Posts
asiliat said:
If you take your bike to trackdays, it's useful. Ain't it always rumoured that there are insurance agents by the track, writing down everyone's plates? If you crash it and try to claim insurance.....

So it saves the 30 seconds of taping up your plates. Hey, 30 seconds saved is 30 seconds earned.
I've never witnessed this at track days. Besides, all track organizations that I've run with want the plate removed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,126 Posts
asiliat said:
If you take your bike to trackdays, it's useful. Ain't it always rumoured that there are insurance agents by the track, writing down everyone's plates? If you crash it and try to claim insurance.....

So it saves the 30 seconds of taping up your plates. Hey, 30 seconds saved is 30 seconds earned.
That's still using it for illegal purposes. Comitting insurance fraud.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,900 Posts
seamus said:
Fig, I was thinking along the same lines. Normally when they do America's Worst Car Chases or whatever, they blur out the plates. This would definitely save time and energy on the producers part.
Good one seamus! :rotfl:
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top