Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I love my 929 and I really want a nice sounding pipe, not obnoxious but a good sound to display the great engine. I bought a carbon Jardine two years ago but never really liked it. I friend gave me a D&D pipe and although I knew I would never want that pipe, I tried it anyway. Needless to say, I don't like that pipe either. A buddy has an old (but still nice) Erion Racing slip on. That pipe sounds good but they don't make it anymore. Youtube is useless because there are simply no quality sound recordings. Does anyone have any good input? Two Brothers, Leo Vince, Akrapovic? I don't want to keep buying pipes just to be disappointed, plus that gets expensive. I would really appreciate your feedback and comments!

Thanks,
Derek

·
Registered
233 Posts
I like the sound of my scorpion titanium on my 929. Not very loud unless you rack on it but still a good sound. I think I like a 2 bros better but this one came with the bike so it is what I have for now. I cant attest to the others as I have not heard them on a similar bike in person but I am sure someone on here has. Good luck in finding what you're looking for.

·
Registered
824 Posts
dont go with 2bros.....most of their stuff is of a very generic design...they dont put in the research to get power out of the exhausts....look at most of the pipe designs and youll see what i mean...if you dont care about performance then go ahead because they do sound nice :) but if you want a nice all around pipe i would go with akrapovic, arrow, arata....cheaper would be FMF, leo, yoshi.....any cheaper and your getting to the crap...let us know what you decide!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had an Akrapovic system on my ZX9R and I liked it. I'll have to save up a bit so I can get the 929 one. I'll let you know, thanks!

·
Registered
38 Posts
dont go with 2bros.....most of their stuff is of a very generic design...they dont put in the research to get power out of the exhausts....look at most of the pipe designs and youll see what i mean...if you dont care about performance then go ahead because they do sound nice :) but if you want a nice all around pipe i would go with akrapovic, arrow, arata....cheaper would be FMF, leo, yoshi.....any cheaper and your getting to the crap...let us know what you decide!
The OP asked about slip-ons, not full pipes.

Every slip-on can will be essentially the same powerwise. They're all just 2 - 2 1/2" tubes. Nothing fancy. They'll sound a little different due to the size of the outer can, but they're gonna make equal power. (Which may be little to no power at all over the stocker, but that's a different post.)

Dcouture, unfortunately, sound is such a subjective thing that asking for opinions is a crapshoot. Do you have a local Sunday morning bike gathering place? That's your best bet for hearing the various options. There's always several CBR's around whenever sportbikes get together and there'll likely be a mix of pipes.

Good luck.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Around here.. I just have to head down to this certain Shell gas station! The people who meet there we call the Shells Angels. Most of them cant ride very well, yet have parts on their bikes that they do not need period haha. They all show up and are sitting there playing with the throttle.. perfect to get to know what you want :p

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have to say that when it comes to Slip on Pipes, SOUND, is the factor next is look and finally power as power is not affected all that much.
The 2 I LOVE the sound of on a Honda are M4 & Yosh, I have a Yosh on my CBR900rr now, and had an M4 on my cbr600. I also heard an M4 on an RC51 and it was the greatest sounding bike for a while.
The thing I love about my Yosh is the "Pop Corn" sound it makes as I roll off the throttle.

·
Registered
19 Posts
true enough any would give the sound, I just like the Yosh sound for it. I have heard plenty of nice pipes however, I just know I like the M4 & Yosh,

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Oh yeah, it is definitely an opinion haha. I wouldnt ask for anybodies opinion on it, would just go to a bike meet and listen around :p

I like Yosh as well, same with Akro. I have an Akro and I love the way it sounds

·
Registered
824 Posts
The OP asked about slip-ons, not full pipes.

Every slip-on can will be essentially the same powerwise. They're all just 2 - 2 1/2" tubes. Nothing fancy. They'll sound a little different due to the size of the outer can, but they're gonna make equal power. (Which may be little to no power at all over the stocker, but that's a different post.)

Dcouture, unfortunately, sound is such a subjective thing that asking for opinions is a crapshoot. Do you have a local Sunday morning bike gathering place? That's your best bet for hearing the various options. There's always several CBR's around whenever sportbikes get together and there'll likely be a mix of pipes.

Good luck.

maybe true for the 929 but not for other bikes....

the arata slipon makes better power on the 08+ that the 2bros full system! i know that doesnt equate to the 929 but still...Id go with a well made slip on and not some crap that someone whipped together

·
Registered
38 Posts
maybe true for the 929 but not for other bikes....

the arata slipon makes better power on the 08+ that the 2bros full system!
Says who? Arata? Can you point me to a test that shows this, as I must have missed it. Was the Two Bothers full system just stuck on and not remapped?

·
Registered
824 Posts
Says who? Arata? Can you point me to a test that shows this, as I must have missed it. Was the Two Bothers full system just stuck on and not remapped?

it was a test done by another guy on another forum...same dyno...back to back tests..the arata made 2 more hp...both were remapped...

the 08 bike has very good headers though which make the power gains between slip ons and full systems smaller...which definately affects the outcome...the same result probably would not be seen on a diff bike

any manufacturer (two brothers) that claims a gain of 18hp with their full system is lying their face off and I would not buy from...especially when ive seen MAJOR drops in pwer in the 08's with their slip ons....whcih they claim add 11hp!!!!!!!!!!! when im reality you loose 3-4hp....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts