Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, its been a while since I have been here. But I have still been riding my blade. In Australia we have been subject to border closures and lockdowns due to covid. So going for blast really clears the head. I would like to get more power out of my stock 2012 fireablade. I have installed a quick shifter and wow what a difference. Now I just need more power. So I need some help form forum on some suggestions. If possible I would like to retain the same exhaust. I look forward to your help.

your Aussie mate Drybo

·
Registered
17 Posts
You can add ECU tuning/Map plus air filter that's a start. Retaining factory exhaust is fine but I'm sure it will limit your power gain. Outside of that there's not much you can do unless you want to mess with the engine and that can get expensive.

My recommendation for an everyday Superbike would be: ECU tuning, air filter, and exhaust. If you are still not happy then change the gearing drop a tooth in the front sprocket or add some in the back to increase response. If you're still not happy move forward to weight reduction such as a lightweight battery, wheels, and 520 sprocket kit.

If you find that you are still not happy with your bike then it might be time for a new Blade or a faster Superbike. I think fresh tires, new gear, and a trackday would make things more interesting.

Another interesting option, get a Hyperbike as a second bike and be done with it.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks T Bear, Looks like I will need to get an exhaust upgrade. I have been thinking about ECU/Map and air filter. I do run Pirelli Super Corsa SP V3. they are very sticky on the road.

Do I get my bike factory mapping changed on the bike or do I add an ECU like a commander and have more control. Will this give me more power.

·
Registered
17 Posts
A piggy back such as a Power Commander should be fine. There are other options like getting the factory ECU reflash but you have 1 map that's it. Last, If you are going to work with a local tuner then a stand alone ECU that the tuner is experienced with would be better and probably yield the best results.

I think a PC-V + Autotune should keep you entertained for a bit. It will improve power but nothing like adding 150cc to your engine. Maybe try a mild gearing change first it's cheaper and noticeable.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Guy's,

The work on the bike is finished. So this is what I did.

2012 CBR 1000 Fireblade with quick shifter

Woolich ECU Flash, tune to sports bike
K&N High flow airfilter
Block off SAI Valve Yoshi slip on Muffler
New rear 40T sprocket
Plus new softer performance break pads

Dyno Tune pre work 155HP at rear wheel
Dyno Tune after work 165HP at rear wheel

I just want to know know the manufacturer had the hp at the crank around at 177HP what would my HP at the crank be now.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Guy's,

The work on the bike is finished. So this is what I did.

2012 CBR 1000 Fireblade with quick shifter

Woolich ECU Flash, tune to sports bike
K&N High flow airfilter
Block off SAI Valve Yoshi slip on Muffler
New rear 40T sprocket
Plus new softer performance break pads

Dyno Tune pre work 155HP at rear wheel
Dyno Tune after work 165HP at rear wheel

I just want to know know the manufacturer had the hp at the crank around at 177HP what would my HP at the crank be now.
You have now about 188 HP on the crank. You'll lose about 12% before rear wheel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts