Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was gonna do a search on the KB but it's gone, my keyboard is getting greasier by the letter in typing this but, how do you get the front off??

I raised the front, loosened the 2 smaller bolts( on each side) that squeeze the axle, then what?? i have the socket for one side but don't know what to do next, and the tool kit doesn't give you a reversed socket to fit into the cavity on the left hand side of the axle to stop the other side from turning.

Help ( quickly )

i have to take both wheels off to get the tires changed tomorrow morning before work.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Loosen the big nut on the axle first then loosen the pinch bolts or it will just spin. You also have to take the calipers off to get it out of there.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
No offense, but if you cant really tell by looking at it to take it apart, do you trust yourself to put it back together the right way? Just trying to keep you and your bike on good terms!!

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
Owners Manual under the seat also has the procedure...

There have also been a few threads on this topic.... how did you miss those when you were active on the board in the political topics....

J/K.....

·
Registered
548 Posts
Loosen the pinch bolts on the side you have the socket for. Then loose the axle and then the pinch bolts on the other side. remove the calipers and tie them up out of the way.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts