Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so we're all in agreeance that street sunting = bad and therefore not mentionable on this site. However how does everybody feel about stunt shows performed in a closed off area. At the end of the summer i was at a dealership demo day and there was a stunt show being held in the parking lot behind steel barricades.

Not to try and start a backlash on stunting and squids or anything I was just wondering what does everybody think about closed course stunting? Where the riders trailer their bikes to the show and dont go ripping the streets up afterwards.

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
I don't really have a problem with it (except for messing up some nice bikes) There are a few stunt teams around here (one practices in a parking lot up the street from me on occassion). they do shows at one of the local dealers a few times a year. as long as they aren't out on the public streets I don't have a problem.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Hey, some of those guys are fairly talented. Stunting goes along the same lines as racing. Racing is my hobby, stunting may be someone else's. In both cases you have to keep it off the public streets.

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
The only problem I have with stunting, when done in closed venues, is the unbelievable amount of abuse that is done to the bikes...:twocents:

·
Registered
295 Posts
I concur with what seems to be the prevelent opinion here. If it's on a closed course, then it's fine. However the reality is that stunners hardsly get to the point of being worthy of a closed course event without honing their skills on the street. And that puts all of us at risk. Case in point are the StarBoyz here in Cleveland. Sure they are now doing exhibition tours on closed courses, but how many years did they terrorized I-77 and I-480 around here before stunning was begrudginly accepted into motorcycledom? Just about every time I meet someone and they find out I ride around here, I get asked "so you wheelie that thing like an idiot like all the other kids around here on the highway?" and end up having to defend the large percentage of us that leave that shit for the knuckleheads.

In any culture within society, there is always an underground movement. Just like the street racers, stunners will do as they please when they want. I just wish they'd do us all a favor an not tell anyone they are motorcyclists.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I think the closed course shows are fun to watch. What these guys can make a motorcycle do is amazing!
But, the thing that troubles me is that joe squid biker then has to try to replicate it on public roads for his "fan base".:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I've seen a couple of shows at a local dragstrip and find it entertaining in that environment. Then again, I had a background in BMX stunt riding so I can relate to 2 wheel madness like that.:googly:

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I hate to see a bike meant for speed and cornering and precision thrashed for nothing. If you want to do stunts thrash a dirt bike, it can take and was meant for it, sort of.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I hate to see a bike meant for speed and cornering and precision thrashed for nothing. .
Me too!
I also hate to see a bike like that with excessive chrome, lengthned swing arm (excluding real drag bikes), and lowered so somebody can use it to pose. yuk! what a waste!

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I hate to see a bike meant for speed and cornering and precision thrashed for nothing. If you want to do stunts thrash a dirt bike, it can take and was meant for it, sort of.
:plus1:

Me too!
I also hate to see a bike like that with excessive chrome, lengthned swing arm (excluding real drag bikes), and lowered so somebody can use it to pose. yuk! what a waste!
:plus1:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts