Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

How does someone get a salvage title...

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  firebladetoronto 
#1 ·
..a bill of sale. Do I need to contact the DMV where the bike was originally declared a salvage?

#2 ·
FBT -

Truthfully, I have no idea how you do things in the Provinces..[ EDIT, read your signature, you're in Tennessee now, make that 'Boondocks' ] However, when I bought my salvage SV650, the Company I purchased it from had the salvage title, which had been signed by the PO, the Insurance Co, and the Company who bought it at auction. I signed it at the sale, and it resides in a drawer. As far as I know, unless I wanted to fix the bike to ride on the street, it requires no further registration.

Seems to me the person from whom you bought the bike should have had the title.

Your Government may vary.

#4 ·
googolplexu : Try THIS or contact your local DMV for the forms you need to fill out.
This won't work, because I don't have a TN license. I only work in TN, but live in Canada. I purchased a salvage bike in WI, and I need a title to take back to Canada. It was purchased from a guy who bought for track use, and did not need the title.

I am going to try and contact the DMV in WI and get the paper work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.