Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to be a member on this forum a while back when I had my 02 954 but I couldnt remember my log in name for the life of me:confused: . I currently own a 03 gsxr1k and was considering selling it for a newer more comfortable bike. The gixxers riding position is rather extreme and after an hour or two my knees start hurting. I havent had the priveledge to ride or sit on a cbr1000 but was considering an 05 cbr, 05 r1 or 05 zx10. How does the cbr compare in comfort and performance to the ones listed? From reading on the net it seems the cbr is heavier and down on power compared. Does any one have any experience with an 03 gsxr1k and know how they compare? I dont want to loose any performance from my gixxer.
From reading on the r1 forum it seems they are problem plagued with the engine tick and spun rod bearings. My gixxer has been bullet proof so far and have heard nothing but good things about the zx10, its the bike EVERYONE has around here and thats my only draw back with it. That and I am not crazy about the front end.

Anyway, does anyone have any experience with any of the newer bikes compared to an 03 gixxer1k?

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
Your GSXR isn't that old. Why do you want it gone?
The difference in performance would be negligible at best, and none of the litre sportbikes are really all that comfortable.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BDA116 said:
The difference in performance would be negligible at best, and none of the litre sportbikes are really all that comfortable.

Thats true. I usaully trade bikes every 6 months or so. Its about time to get something different. The only complaint I had with the 954 was the seat.

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
Get a 'busa for comfort :D

j/k all those bikes are not that comfy. So you need to decide the tradeoffs you are willing to make

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
BDA116 said:
Further to those comments, a set of adjustable clip-ons and adjustable rearsets might be a relatively simple fix for your ergo problems. IMO, as the years go by, the full-on sportbike ergos get more and more racer-esque.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pete said:
Further to those comments, a set of adjustable clip-ons and adjustable rearsets might be a relatively simple fix for your ergo problems. IMO, as the years go by, the full-on sportbike ergos get more and more racer-esque.

I have sat on the 05/06 suzuki and the 04/05 zx10 and they were more comfortable than my 03. Its the most agressive bike I have been on. Not sure about the cbr.

·
Registered
902 Posts
I rode a cruiser a few times and it killed my back. My sportbikes feel comfortable and I can lay down during long rides. I guess it is what we are used to.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Which bike is best for you depends on what you like, how you ride, what size you are, etc.

Of the '06 litre bikes, I like the CBR best. It is extremely stable and plenty powerful. The tank on the '06 Suzuki is narrow, which should make it the best for short people like me, but I found the CBR to be the most comfortable. (If comfort was the single most important factor, I'd go back to a Goldwing.) The '05 CBR should have very similar ergos to the '06, just less agressive steering and slightly more weight.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts