Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

How fast do you taste/eat your fries after leaving the drive-thru?

• As soon as the "friendly" window person hands me the bag!

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • At least 60' or once I hit the street!

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • A few blocks or so away?

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • NEVER! I wait till I get to my final destination and enjoy it all!

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
French fries that is!

I noticed after leaving the Fast food drive-thru today; that by the time I made it to the lights (about a block) myself and two cars that were in front of me had already begun to eat our fries.

Thus I became curious as to how many others "dig-in" after leaving the local choke & puke?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Since I've been diagnosed diabetic I can no longer enjoy the ever popular spud sticks.......Damn I miss those things. At least I still have salads and tofu yuck...

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I dont know about spud sticks.... but when I check the bag to make sure the order is correct I treat myself to some french fries.

gotta love those french!

-jh

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
I dont know about spud sticks.... but when I check the bag to make sure the order is correct I treat myself to some french fries.

gotta love those french!

-jh

:nono:

French Fries are not French JH (don't get me started :rotfl: ) French fries comes from Belgium ... But there is nothing French about Fries, or Toast... :smilebig:

BTW....... I don't eat drive thru much but when I have too, I take the fries from the small bag, put them in the big bag, and eat as I drive. I hate cold fries

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Yeah yeah yeah...
next thing you'll be disowning the eiffel tower, the french kiss and quebec!

where does the toast come from? :poke:

-jh

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Yeah yeah yeah...
next thing you'll be disowning the eiffel tower, the french kiss and quebec!

where does the toast come from? :poke:

-jh

Now, wait a minute........... French Kiss are for sure French.......... I know :smilebig:

French Toast Hmmmmmmmm. That should answer your question :smilebig:

First made at a roadside tavern not far from the city of Albany in 1724, there are few dishes more truly American than the breakfast favorite known as "French toast". So American is the dish that very few can understand why it is not called "American toast", "Albany Toast" or even "New York State toast".
The confusion comes about because the owner of the tavern at which the dish was invented had a very poor knowledge of grammar. When Joseph French decided to name the dish after himself he should have written his invention as "French's toast" (that is to say, the toast of French). Because he did not know how to use the possessive apostrophe, however, the dish appeared on his menu simply as "French toast". In short, the dish has nothing whatever to do with French culinary history but in the two hundred and seventy years that have intervened, no one has taken the time to correct the grammatical error.

·
Registered
12,773 Posts

gotta love those french!

-jh

I just check the bag to make sure there's no spud in there. :puke: if there is the bag is going right back through the window.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I'm very particular about how I eat spud sticks. I take all the other food out of the bag, dump the sticks in the bag, put a least one pack of salt on them (gotta get the sodium level up), close bag and shake vigorously, and then tear them up. This is usually accomplished before I'm out of the parking lot. :thumb:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts