Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, I have a slight ding in my tank. Is that fixable? If so, how much of a pain is it to remove the gas tank? Is gas going to spill all over the place? :confused:

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Creeper said:
First off, I have a slight ding in my tank. Is that fixable? If so, how much of a pain is it to remove the gas tank? Is gas going to spill all over the place? :confused:
Its trully not that bad. Some gas will splash when you take the Hose(s) off, but nothing that will make you call HASMAT. Things to watch out for, where you set the tank down! (make sure its absorbant, and you don't care about it) Also, don't smoke, or do it while working with candel light. :thumb:

·
Registered
276 Posts
when the tank's off is the time to cut your $50 fuel hoses in two and install the nylon w/viton rings quick disconnects. I've seen them listed in the Aerostich catalog. I'd imagine they are also on the 'stich website, yeah?

bW

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can the tank be removed even if there is still a 1/4 tank of gas?

Bushrod - What's the advantage of nylon w/viton rings quick disconnects?

·
Premium Member
5,711 Posts
I would drain as much fuel as possible before disconnecting. A siphon or Mityvac would work well. I seemed to spill a lot of fuel when I removed mine, but then I'm a bumbling idiot. The quick disconnects will ensure that the next time you remove the tank you won't have any problems. (BTW, the SV already has a disconnect stock, so it was like 100 times easier to remove...)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts