Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

781 - 789 of 789 Posts

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
Looking good, as always! Someone made a great job on the spacer, very nice finish.

Is that a 190/55 on the rear? That's the size I want to fit when the current 180/55 is dead as it's not ideal for a 6" rim. No problems with swingarm clearance?

·
President: Team Full Chat
8,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #782
Looking good, as always! Someone made a great job on the spacer, very nice finish.

Is that a 190/55 on the rear? That's the size I want to fit when the current 180/55 is dead as it's not ideal for a 6" rim. No problems with swingarm clearance?
Clears the arm at all angles, but not by much lol. The pics make it look more dramatic than it is. There is about 5-10mm of room on the right side.

Yes, both my 99 and 93 are now 190/55. Probably as big as you can go with these old girls.

273B8538-EB3A-4AD6-A8BC-75C0DF5AA6AB.jpeg

D2D93108-591D-48E0-A599-22B51103C309.jpeg

79DA969F-3590-4E91-80F4-E24A9431269A.jpeg

·
8,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #785
Just to bring my thread back up in the rankings, it looks like Photobucket has reinstated my links, albeit with a watermark, but who cares really.......I have them all backed up on a hard drive anyway. I guess I kinda owe them an apology? Nah, F that. But it's nice that the links are back :thumb:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Well, as promised, I'm back and fecking worn out from all that work you've done!!!!:) Hats off to you Ian, you are indeed some man! Congrats on two very desirable bikes (although I'm not over enamoured with the paint on the track slag, however I DO appreciate the work you've done to it and the cafe). I guess I need to go and check out Lamby's thread now. Only issue is that it's 150 pages long!!!!

:D

·
8,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #788
Well, as promised, I'm back and fecking worn out from all that work you've done!!!!:) Hats off to you Ian, you are indeed some man! Congrats on two very desirable bikes (although I'm not over enamoured with the paint on the track slag, however I DO appreciate the work you've done to it and the cafe). I guess I need to go and check out Lamby's thread now. Only issue is that it's 150 pages long!!!!

:D
Thanks EXUP, it surely was project. Chop's thread may be far worse for wear. I remember a while back it too was plagued with dead links and no pictures, especially once he went to his vlog. I hope it's a good read, his build of Beastie was epic!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Thanks EXUP, it surely was project. Chop's thread may be far worse for wear. I remember a while back it too was plagued with dead links and no pictures, especially once he went to his vlog. I hope it's a good read, his build of Beastie was epic!
Ah, mate, I can't be reading it without pics.....for anyone who is interested though (you may have to register on 1000rr.co.uk) the thread is HERE :wink

781 - 789 of 789 Posts