Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back in from a zip around. It was about 55-65º which is a large chunk of the year for people up north. Wow I nearly froze :eek: How the heck do y'all ride in that all year. Oh and the tires never really heated up that great either (got a bit of a slide racing the neighbors German Shepherd :lilangel: )

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
The coldest I have rode was 37deg and it was too fu**in cold for a Coon Asss to be out riding. I only had a leather suit and underarmor on + oter protective gear on as well.

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
Brrr. I don't. It's gotta be upper 50s or this gal stays in drinking hot toddies. If I have to bundle up that much, I'm going skiiing.

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
I have ridden my VFR through sleet for 2 hours with no rainsuit. Yes, sleet.
Is your brother named Chuck or Steven... :idunno:

Edit:
LMAO at your post SoB...55-65 is good riding weather... :thumb:

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Got caught in a snowstorm once. Good few inches on the road, compacted down into snow/ice combo. Nightmare journey home. Pulling out from junctions was very, very risky, just not enough traction.

So, give it some beans and spin up and fall off, or pull across the traffic slowly,slowly and get crushed by a truck. Nice.

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
Aerostitch Roadcrafter, electric vest, heated grips, and decent gloves and I'm good down to about 42 degrees. The key is heated clothing, and stopping the wind.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I went out for about 1.5 hrs today wearing my Firstgear overpants, textile jacket (w/ sweatshirt underneath), some really thick socks and boots. It was about 45 here in Indy. This setup usually will suffice to high 30's-low 40's. The only problem is my head gets really cold. If you guys have any suggestions on how to cure that, let me know.

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Is your brother named Chuck or Steven... :idunno:

Edit:
LMAO at your post SoB...55-65 is good riding weather... :thumb:
I prefer leaving in the AM when it is 75+ and riding when it is 95 :D Most thought I was kidding at my first Fireblades days when I said I liked that weather, I wasn't.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts