Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just turned over 12,000 mi. and mounted my third set of Bridgestones. This bike has not so much as hiccupped since I bought it new in March of '02. The brake pads are still good and I've only had to adjust the chain after removing the wheel. So it's only been oil changes and tires along with regular maintenance, cleaning ,checking nuts and bolts and such. What a difference fresh rubber makes to the handling on the 954.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
16K on the machine, 11K of which are mine; two sets of tires, one sprocket/chain set, lots of gas, some oil, a little bit of water, soap, and Honda Polish. The 'other' 954 had 7.5K on it. My 929 had 12K. No problems with any of them.

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Quote How many miles on your 954?

Real or imagined?

I had the cluster replaced @ 5.5k I now have another 5k on it and its one of three road bikes.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
CBRjack : I just turned over 12,000 mi. and mounted my third set of Bridgestones. This bike has not so much as hiccupped since I bought it new in March of '02. The brake pads are still good and I've only had to adjust the chain after removing the wheel. So it's only been oil changes and tires along with regular maintenance, cleaning ,checking nuts and bolts and such. What a difference fresh rubber makes to the handling on the 954.
Don't expect anymore excitement

30k on my 929 and nothing more than you mentioned.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I am at about 15,400 miles...almost time for the big 16K valve adjustment.

the bike is perfect...all I have done is take it in for the scheduled maintenance and change tires and of course added my BLING...its perfecto!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Almost 51,000 miles on my 954 and nothing needed other than regular maintenance.

·
Registered
9 Posts
figment : Quote How many miles on your 954?
Real or imagined?

I had the cluster replaced @ 5.5k I now have another 5k on it and its one of three road bikes.
hah.. not sure if it was intentional, but your avatar looks like your 2 bikes are staring at each other with these expressions:

954:

VTR:

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
never2old : Almost 51,000 miles on my 954 and nothing needed other than regular maintenance.
And Ohlins suspension? That is the next thing going on mine. Just mounted fresh tires and I remember why I fell in love with this bike in the first place.

·
Registered
270 Posts
CBRjack : Quote (never2old @ Sep. 27 2003, 1:12am)Almost 51,000 miles on my 954 and nothing needed other than regular maintenance.
And Ohlins suspension?   That is the next thing going on mine. Just mounted fresh tires and I remember why I fell in love with this bike in the first place.
Yeah, I just looked at his picture and saw that. I'm keeping a piggy bank away from the wife's prying eyes to save for mine

·
Registered
13 Posts
never2old : Almost 51,000 miles on my 954 and nothing needed other than regular maintenance.
I think 51 K miles (not km right?) is amazing. I'm not sure how you did it honestly. Truely iron butt.
I've got 3500 miles since I bought my 954 at the end of march.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yeah that's 51,000 miles, here on the west coast we get to ride year around which helps.  

I also have a 2000 Honda CBR929RR that I purchased in June 2000 and it has 65,000 miles on it.  Since I got the 954 the 929 only sees an occasional track day now.  It's had a few problems i.e.  the stator, rectifer and two servo motors have been replaced, under warranty.  Other than that it has been very reliable and did not need to have the valves adjusted until 60,000 miles unlike the 954 which needed the valves adjusted at 38,000 miles.  It's hard to beat Honda reliability

·
Registered
94 Posts
35000miles with my 929 2001. One replaced front and rear light bulb. One set of chain and sprockets at 25000miles. This bike is rock reliable. I am almost sorry to trade it to the new CBR1000RR.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ive got over 25k on my '02 954 and It hasnt been to the shop once. Aside from chain and sprokets, and many tires, the bike has been a dream.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts