Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

How many pair of gloves do you own?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious as I sometimes think my glove collection is approaching a ladies shoe collection :O

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
All gloves, or just for street motorcycles?

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
Just 2 for motorcycling. A pair of A* SP1s and a pair of waterproof, insulated Joe Rockets.

Oh and I have my OJ gloves I wear with suits for winter.

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
luvtolean said:
All gloves, or just for street motorcycles?
Just street bike and I should have used different numbers in the poll :crap: Lots of people will have two (winter, summer). So it should have been 0;1-2;3-7;8-15;Gazillion

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
well I have 2. 4 if I count the 2 pairs with holes I have laying around somewhere (one from an accident the other not really sure, must have just wore through them)

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
In that case, I'm no glove whore.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
I found Held Galaxys...and all is right.

Unless I started doing more street riding, I have no need for any other glove.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Held = main riding gloves (damned comfy)
MotoGP = secondary / track / cold weather gloves
My Original (from when I started riding) JR gloves = still in great shape
JR ballistic gloves = got them cheap because they were "supposed" to be waterproof; they're not so they sit on the shelf... just in case I want to ride in the rain and not get my good gloves wet.

I've since tossed all my other gloves as they've fallen apart.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
My main pair are about to be retired after i saw how they hold up in a crash. A guy at button willow high sided out of turn 2 and his dianese gloves basically desinegrated. He hit the pavment head first in his wondrful Arai helmet (busted lip only). the bike hit the back of his helmet, too. I guess he couldn't have been going more than 30 to 35 when he high sided (if that). oh and on a 600rr at that. his gloves just fell apart. his main injury besides the lip was a bunch of messed up fingers.

I found my next set of gloves that i think will hold up better than the dianese gloves (170 a set for the dianese). the kushitani gloves for 22.005 seemed to be made better and have alot more to them and already seeming to be broken in.

oh and i own 3 pairs but am giving away most of my gear that i have found to be less than track worthy. 2 joe rocket jackets motoboss gloves, agv gloves and soon my Dianese gloves.

yea i live in a small apartment in santa monica and need the space.;

·
Registered
682 Posts
This is my 60 year of riding. Now I will admit like a prize twit even in most dirt comp events I did NOT wear gloves. After a lot of prangs in practicing & racing along with a lot of damage to my fingers, thumbs & hands i started to wear gloves like they were a new love so there are a maze of out of date gloves in construction or safety to my best six pair & most were for dirt comp, but you would laugh if you saw what many of us back in the 50s or 60s or 70s considered as top line dirt comp gloves.

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Smitty said:
This is my 60 year of riding. Now I will admit like a prize twit even in most dirt comp events I did NOT wear gloves. After a lot of prangs in practicing & racing along with a lot of damage to my fingers, thumbs & hands i started to wear gloves like they were a new love so there are a maze of out of date gloves in construction or safety to my best six pair & most were for dirt comp, but you would laugh if you saw what many of us back in the 50s or 60s or 70s considered as top line dirt comp gloves.
Post up some pics if you can it would be super cool to see the progression :thumb:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts