Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
If you get it tuned properly it will give you a smoother power delivery throughout the entire rpm range and probably give you about 5 hp or so with a end can. If you don't plan on having the bike tuned or can't do it yourself with a data logger then I wouldn't waste the money on it. Unless you have a lot of patients and know how to tune a bike by your butt dyno.:D The money would be better spent on a good set of brake lines, some riding gear, or a new set of sprockets and chain with a -1/+2 on the sprockets. Just my 2 cent.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Roland, thanks, I do find the power delivery a bit snatchy at time and it can be a challenge coming out of corners have the correct power delivery. Hoses are on my list as I find the brakes a bit too sharp, so hopefully they will give more feel to them.

Anyone who can recommend a good dyno place to get this setup?

·
Registered
434 Posts
Sorry can't help you with that one. I live in the wrong country to answer that question.:D If you do find a good tuner it will be worth the cash. You will grin from ear to ear every time you ride it.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Does a power commander make to a 954 with a end can attached?
Too many variables. It depends on how well the muffler works with the engine already. If it's very good then you won't see much improvment from the PC3. The PC is more for smoothing the power to make it usable. It doesn't usually nett you much if any peak power.
I put a muffler on my '98 GSXR750 while it was still strapped on the dyno and saw 5% more peak power with no tuning at all, which was incredible.
Half the fun of GSXR's is the harsh power delivery so I never even bothered with a PC. On the 929/954 a good map can give you a perfectly smooth curve though.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Roland, thanks, I do find the power delivery a bit snatchy at time and it can be a challenge coming out of corners have the correct power delivery. Hoses are on my list as I find the brakes a bit too sharp, so hopefully they will give more feel to them.

I used SDC Performance in Stevenage, depending on where you are in London they might not be too far away - but there is a list of authorised Dynojet centres on their website, have a look if there is anything closer to you.

SDC did a good job with my Dynojet.

·
Registered
253 Posts

not sure where in London you are but I've used Banjax in east London, but I've also used PDQ in Taplow which is a little further out, but they know their stuff!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts