Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 755 Posts

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You can save a lot of money by shopping around on your motorcycle and general insurance, here you can find out what our members are paying and who is looking after them!

Post how much you pay for motorcycle insurance per year in this thread. Lets see who is giving out the best deals to the riders.

*No links to insurance websites please.

·
Registered
902 Posts
I think State Farm is squeezing my wallet for $70 a year for liability on my cbr600f4. They are ripping me off to the tune of $300 a year for full coverage on my cbr1000rr. I hope Geico and Progressive can give me lower rates.......

·
Banned
1,363 Posts
i love my state farm rep for giving me full coverage with a 500 deduct on my 98 cbr 600F3 for only $27 a month. i have looked around. everyone else was at least three times higher for the same coverage.

·
Registered
574 Posts
They are ripping me off to the tune of $300 a year for full coverage on my cbr1000rr.
Sweet baby jesus! I wish I could get that kind of deal! I go through Progressive. On the 954 I pay $456 a year for liability. They want $3200 a year for full coverage, which obvliously is out of the question. I only have 6 points, I think. :(

·
Registered
109 Posts
With a 30% no claims I pay $500 per year, 3rd party only - Like everything else in the islands, it's expensive.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Im paying about a $100 with liability only through nationwide on my 954, this was the cheapest I could find in cali after calling those ins bastards for a week.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
I pay $387 a year to Progressive for comprehensive and liability. Liability only was $110 a year. No collision. That made it about $1100 a year. For a $5000 bike that seemed silly. I'll keep the extra and save it. I have no points and also insure my cars with progressive.

·
Registered
233 Posts
492/year full coverage with state farm for my 954. i was surprised, i thought as soon as they heard it was a "900cc sportbike" they would stick it to me!

cheers

·
Registered
514 Posts
Looks like I'll hit up state farm for a quote. What's the best way to contact them? Initiate a quote from the their website?

Full coverage is defined as liability, collision, and comprehensive, right? (where the optional deductable applies to the collision, correct?)

hey ezekial, is that otown, CA? or otown, FL?

·
Registered
142 Posts
state farm--

30 yrs old, 1 ticket, no medicle (i have bc/bs), $1000.00 in aftermarket mods (but im WELL beyond that already), $1000 comp/collision = $642.00 a year.
2004 1000rr

·
Registered
106 Posts
The vast majority of insurance companies in my part of the world will not write a policy on a sport motorcycle at all. Those that do usually require that you insure a car as well. I got lucky when I found a company that would take me for full coverage at $1080/year. They did stipulate that I must have an alarm system to qualify for theft/vandalism though.

What gets me is that I get the same driver rating as an 18 yr old rider with his license for one year. I have been accident and conviction free for 10 yrs and licensed for 17 and it means nothing.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Looks like I'll hit up state farm for a quote. What's the best way to contact them? Initiate a quote from the their website?

Full coverage is defined as liability, collision, and comprehensive, right? (where the optional deductable applies to the collision, correct?)

Im across the field in Orlando

·
Registered
52 Posts
I got Rider Insurance Company... for 2001 929 they wanted $1289 full coverage.... so I just got liability for $152 a yr... Geico want like 375 for liability and like 1400 for Full.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm 25 with one ticket $1800/year for full coverage with $1000 deductables from Progressive I only keep full coverage through the riding season liabilty is 210$/year.
MY buddy is 27 and pays 1600/ for 03 rc51 with progressive.

·
Banned
1,363 Posts

i have my car, renter's insurance and my life insurance with them, had the same agent for 9 years. just look up your local agent in the yellow pages. as conq said. they go of the the engine size not bike type. so a 1000rr is cheaper than an 1800 vulcan. go figure. for everything listed above and my bike i pay 130 a month. not bad says i.

1 - 20 of 755 Posts