Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

701 - 720 of 747 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
$ 550 year Full coverage for my 2013 zx6r Ninja but I have my insurance bundled with AAA. I am sure with the kids and the house I am getting the Dickins somehow. $550 seems cheap for full coverage but adding it all up still seems like Highway robbery. Damn if I could only get something for nothing somehow.....

·
Registered
6 Posts

Hi Guys,
I'm now 60 years young.
I have many (only up to 9 years stated on many UK policies) years No Claim Discount allowance on both my fully comprehensive car and bike insurance policies, plus a protected NCD paid into the cost.

My 2007 Honda Super Blackbird CBR 1100XX sold last month was just £156.

My recently acquired 2002 Fireblade CBR 929RR is £218.

Incidentally, My low powered 2005 Renault Megane 1400cc car is a whopping £238. :hmm::crap::crap::eek:

I'm certainly not going to moan about my bike insurance cost bearing in mind the power to weight ratio compared to my little car.

Supertrev. :rotfl::rotfl:

·
Registered
73 Posts
I pay £117 TPFT. Breakdown, European, KIt and Legal Expenses all included. 36, lost my license for a year and got it back june last year. Didnt think that was bad at all for a 01 blade. My Cat is £111 a year.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Progressive through USAA here, I pay 55/yr for comprehensive for my '03 954.
Damn, that's good! I just got a quote to add comprehensive out of curiosity, $176/year with a $50 deductible, $142/year with $500 deductible. Guess I'll just continue to surround it with a croc filled moat, a pack of wolves, Claymores (broad swords or mines, take your pick) trip wires and oh yeah, put in in a locked shed in the back yard.

·
Premium Member
5,652 Posts
There are way too much that comes into play in what you pay for insurance. Where you live, kept in a garage, credit score, other vehicles, other policies, driving record, miles rode/driven, etc. Some states even have a surcharge in case medical bills exceed the policy maximum and every policy has it and at times it can exceed $200 a year and it does vary year by year. So if you live in one of those states, good luck getting $165 a year.

Comparing what one pays is really useless especially when it is between states.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Just re-upped another year on my bike, $223. Liability only.
Who are you with Jon. I just re-upped in June, I pay $80/year through Geico for liability only on the 954. I would like to add theft, so I wouldn't be paranoid parking it around town, which isn't that often really, why I can't justify the expense. The cars are with AAA, but they're not motorcycle friendly, at least not their rates. Is there another catagory that the RC's fall into other than large displacement sport bikes? I would think NorCal would be cheaper if anything, given the lower number of accidents. Were' around the same age. I do currently have a clean record. You're not keeping the cops employed up there are you? :grin

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
Who are you with Jon. I just re-upped in June, I pay $80/year through Geico for liability only on the 954. I would like to add theft, so I wouldn't be paranoid parking it around town, which isn't that often really, why I can't justify the expense. The cars are with AAA, but they're not motorcycle friendly, at least not their rates. Is there another catagory that the RC's fall into other than large displacement sport bikes? I would think NorCal would be cheaper if anything, given the lower number of accidents. Were' around the same age. I do currently have a clean record. You're not keeping the cops employed up there are you? :grin
I have two vehicles and renters insurance thru Allstate, but their MC rates are pretty high, and my body shop guy tells me they aren't all that good about paying claims like they used to be. So my MC insurance is thru McGraw Hill, my bills come from Pacific Specialty in Anaheim. Allstate subs this out to them, I suppose Allstate gets a small premium for that.

I have one speeding ticket that was three years old yesterday. No DUI's ever. As of today, I'm a clean driver. Ya.
PS told me it would be another 1000/year or so to add Comprehensive, which covers theft, fire, vandalism.
They went on to tell me it would be another 1000 or so for full coverage.
So they wanted about 2200/year for Liability, Comprehensive, and Collision.
I asked why so much, they said the RVT1000r is a unique race bike, therefore a super high risk.
Obviously they don't want to sell comp and collision for my bike.
Interestingly, the rates are about half that for a CBR1000rr.
So I was told.

btw, my body shop owner/friend tells me Geico is an Allstate subsidiary. And they're difficult about paying claims. He says they push for aftermarket parts instead of OEM, and they are just chintzy. He doesn't like dealing with them, too much time wasted arguing over coverage and proper repair. Triple A is the exact opposite, he says. He's on their prefered vendor list, gets a lot of work thru them.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just renewed mine , reminded me i've had my blade for a whole year :smile £124 ($163) fully comprehensive , with free track day and breakdown cover (i am old though)

701 - 720 of 747 Posts