Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am concerned I have or am close to crossing the line between a "safety equipment oriented motorcyclist" to becoming a "gear whore". I am thinking I need to stop myself now before things get out of hand. I must also add that I love buying 'pre-owned' stuff off of craigslist or Ebay because it is such a good deal sometimes. I mean so many people dump their motorcycle gear because they bought another bike and their stuff doesn't match, they start a family and it's too dangerous, wife tells them to stop, etc. So when I see a $400 jacket for $100, I just can't resist. But now I'm up to FOUR leather jackets (1 Black Icon motorhead, 1 White Icon Daytona, 1 black Alpinestars Stage perforated leather, and 1 white Alpinestars ICE jacket). I really don't need that many leather jackets. I have 2 helmets (Icon helmet, and Shoei helmet), 4 pairs of gloves (2 gauntlet style for winter, and 2 short, summer gloves), 2 pairs of boots, and two mesh jackets for summer. Am I approaching "gear whore" status?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Fellow gear whore here:

5 suomy helmets (stored in softbags, inside factory boxes) (2 spec 1r extremes,1 spec 1 R, 2 Vandals)
8 Suomy shields in different tents (stored in carefully opened factory plastic sleeves)
1 AGV Rossi 5 continents helmet (never worn, in fact 1 size too big for me)
2 sets speed/strenght (SS) 1pc leathers both black
2 Astar bionic race back protectors
2 teknic chest protectors
1 pair Bohn extreme shorts
1 pair Astar SMX R boots (stored in box)
1 pair Astar SMX plus race boots (stored in box)
1 Pair Astar GPtech gloves
1 pair Astar GP Pro Gloves
1 pair Astar Atlus Short gloves
1 Pair Astar Dry star cold weather guantlet gloves
2 pairs Icon stealth non perfed leather short gloves
2 pairs Icon balistic overpants
1 Icon superduty jacket
1 Moto gp brand leather jacket
1 pair Moto gp brand leather pants

I have an unshakeable fear of crashing or otherwise "ruining" my riding gear, so I started to keep a spare item here or there and I recently had to move everything except riding gear out of the riding gear/motorcycle magazine closet.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
OK, you are undoubtedly a gear whore. I should probably come clean about the other gear I also have. You see, I have another house in another country with two bikes there. So when I have too many things accumulated in the states, I ship 'em there. So in total I have:

6 Helmets (2 Shoei, 1 Arai, 1 Bieffe, 1 Icon, and one cheap indiginous made helmet that I don't trust as my U.S. spec helmets)
4 leather jackets (previously discussed)
4 Mesh jackets (all Joe Rocket)
3 pair of boots (2 Sidis, and one pair of American Eagle boots)
1 pair of leather chaps
3 pairs of leather pants (1 HJC and 2 no name brands)
2 pair denim riding pants (1 Teknic, and 1 Icon)
6 pairs of gloves (2 A* SMX short gloves, 1 A* SP2, 1 A* M2 gloves, 1 Joe Rocket short gloves, and 1 no name kevlar gauntlet set.

P.S. my girlfriend lives in Vienna near MariaHilfer Strasse, and I have a 1944 La Coruna Spanish Mauser (originally in 7.92) but now in .308 winchester.

·
Registered
74 Posts
P.S. my girlfriend lives in Vienna near MariaHilfer Strasse, and I have a 1944 La Coruna Spanish Mauser (originally in 7.92) but now in .308 winchester.
I no longer live there, but spent half of my life in/around...

A Rebarreled K98!!!! why would anyone commit such an outrageous act of destruction?????

Please tell me there are no Waffen proof marks.....:nono:

·
Premium Member
11,894 Posts
Blimey!!!

I thought I was bad with 3 leather jackets (in varying states of scruffyness), 2 textile jackets, 2 pairs of trousers (one textile, one leather), 4 pairs of gloves and just 1 helmet..

YAY!!!!! Thats means I'm not a gear whore... :dance:

I will admit I do keep checking out ebay for bargains though, I just can't help myself :O

·
Registered
74 Posts
Blimey!!!

I will admit I do keep checking out ebay for bargains though, I just can't help myself :O

I know what you mean...

The above mentioned moto gp leather jacket was purchased for $65 in like new condition from a teenager who's parents made him sell his bike.

When I got home I found $45 inside the hidden chest zip pocket.

$20 for a CE approved leather jacket.. deal of the year!!!! :eyebrows:

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
I no longer live there, but spent half of my life in/around...

A Rebarreled K98!!!! why would anyone commit such an outrageous act of destruction?????

Please tell me there are no Waffen proof marks.....:nono:
And where do you live now?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Cause it says Vienna in your profile and you said you don't live there anymore.

The personal info sections says "where are you from".... is it difficult to understand why I put Vienna?

Had I put "Wein" would you have had any idea where I was talking about?

You look right past my log in name, but catch the location??? strange...

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
The personal info sections says "where are you from".... is it difficult to understand why I put Vienna?

Had I put "Wein" would you have had any idea where I was talking about?

You look right past my log in name, but catch the location??? strange...
If you would have put "Wien" dann ja doch.:thumb:

·
Premium Member
11,894 Posts
Why would I put "wien"? Are you new? stop trying to use google translate.

Wein, Austria...not Wien
I'm sorry but :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

You will probably find out soon why sswaffenk98

·
Super Moderator
14,706 Posts
Damn! :eek: , just checked my wardrobe, 6 jackets (3 leather,1 textile, 2 old Brando style), 4 pairs of leather pants, 2 pair of boots, 4 helmets ( 1 crashed), 3 pairs of gloves, 1 back protector, as well as 4 luggage bags, ( 2 Gearsacks and 2 Ventura ) and a tank bag.
Time for a cleanout I think. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
I'm sorry but :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

You will probably find out soon why sswaffenk98
Der Wein is something you drink and if you refer to the capital of Austria it is Wien. Btw - it's Oesterreich and not Austria if you want to us German and not English. I suggest you stick with English. Thanx Loopy.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Der Wein is something you drink and if you refer to the capital of Austria it is Wien. Btw - it's Oesterreich and not Austria if you want to us German and not English. I suggest you stick with English. Thanx Loopy.

:clap: I made you spend an hour googling that "1 up" a nameless guy on the internet!!!

I was born there!!! I'm well aware of the name country!!!!

Thanks for proving once again that people with small brains will argue with a wall to prevent looking bad!!!!

SS

·
Super Moderator
14,706 Posts
:clap: I made you spend an hour googling that "1 up" a nameless guy on the internet!!!

Thanks for proving once again that people with small brains will argue with a wall to prevent looking bad!!!!

SS
:popcorn: :popcorn:

·
Registered
3,807 Posts

SS
I don't have to google. I know my own language.:thumb:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts