1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok have a 95 cbr900rr
it has no fairings, no speedo,no lights,and dented gas tank
I just put a new stator on today. found out that might not have been
the charging problem. unplugged rectifier and plug was melted.
and some wires i don't know where they go.
That Was The bad
Now the good
bike runs great and lots of front wheel lifting power
frame and all looks good
11000+ miles

just need 2 know if its worth fixing all the way up? or just running street-fighter look

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Not sure on fairing prices, seen OEM set for $450 without light.

Fighter wise:
Headlight = 100
Gauges = 150
Bondo for tank = 25
Paint (rattle can) = 7
Tube Connectors for R/R = 4

$286 it could be badass in my eyes.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
ok have a 95 cbr900rr
it has no fairings, no speedo,no lights,and dented gas tank
I just put a new stator on today. found out that might not have been
the charging problem. unplugged rectifier and plug was melted.
and some wires i don't know where they go.
That Was The bad
Now the good
bike runs great and lots of front wheel lifting power
frame and all looks good
11000+ miles

just need 2 know if its worth fixing all the way up? or just running street-fighter look
Depends on how much you paid for it and what they're worth complete in your area. I assume it's unlicenced in that condition?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
got it for 1g. have 250 in it now came with title

not sure what they r worth round here. 3 grand? 2500?
might depend on warmer weather to

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thats legit.

What are your thoughts on the build?

ok not sure if I am right but here goes
fairings ebay=600+
lights ebay= 280.... i think it was
new pipe=200+ ebay
new speedo=100+ ebay
not sure on rectifier
then there is brackets and other things

i once put over 3 grand in a yamaha blaster. i just dont want 2 mess up like that again

this 900 looks like it could go over 2500+ to get done on all i am looking at

·
Registered
111 Posts
tough call. I mean it would depend on how much you 'love' the bike. As a purely economically analysis, $2500 (or adding a bit more dosh) could get me a pretty cool bike that I did not have to put much effort into it. Let's be honest now, there are alot of other bikes that you could get which are newer than 14 years old. On the other hand, the original fireblade, in my opinion, really could be one of those 'collector' bikes in the future. I mean the fireblade really did set the mold for future bike development. Kind of like the original 80's GSXR's are starting to become very collectible.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
ok not sure if I am right but here goes
fairings ebay=600+
lights ebay= 280.... i think it was
new pipe=200+ ebay
new speedo=100+ ebay
280 for a headlight? Is that OEM or something aftermarket?
For the pipe, stick to the forum, lots of parts.

Tonight I just finished building my first fighter project. Only put approx $600 into it, not including registration so its definately possible to keep it low.
If you're looking for some sort of custom front lighting setup, let me know, I can help out.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i was really hoping i would luck out and find a parts bike. my post on wanted section seems 2 be a bust. which really sucks this is my 1st street bike and i was wanting to ride it some before it gets cold.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Yes it would be cool (and cheaper than buying separately) to buy a parts/donor bike. The problem though is that I think most parts bikes will not have the parts you need. Like, what you would ideally want is a bike with a dead motor or tranny, and intact plastics headlights and such. Usually it is the other way around. Some one wrecks the bike, damages the exterior and sells it off for a parts bike for the working internals. If you can find a bike with a blown motor go for it. But if someone allows their motor to fry, I don't think they cared that much about the exterior.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Yep, parts bikes rarely have any useful cosmetics - plastics, instruments, mirrors, lights, seats and wheels are the first things to go in a crash.
you could buy a dozen crashed bikes and still not have enough usable cosmetics to put one together.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts