Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Cleaning/lubing very 500-600 miles; kerosene for cleaning duties followed by Maxima Chain Wax afterwards.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Usually each time I wash my bike (about once every week or two), or right before I go on a ride.  Method- put the bike on rear stand and clean road grime off with contact cleaner or WD-40 (what I've been using lately).  Then apply chain lube. Better to ride the bike for about 5 min to get the chain heated up first, then apply the chain lube.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
every 300-500 km. Usually just spray on. When I don't feel lazy, I'll WD-40 the chain, wipe clean, relube.

Motul Chain lube.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I do it every time it starts to squeek. J/K I do it every time it looks dirty and clean everything real good when I do a tire change. Every 800-1000mi. Cleaned with ZEP45. It's like a WD40 with teflon.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Normally every 5-600 miles,think I'll have to step it up in winter.Last cleaning/lubing,there was surface rust on the inner link plates(the ones that are not gold).I have used wd40 for years to clean,recently switched to motorex 611 chain cleaner,seems to work really well,but it sure does stink!I also use Z chain oiler for cleaning and lubricating,follow up with the pro honda hp chain lube.I do ride the bike around the block after cleaning and before lubing the chain.

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
ConqSoft : Yes, lube it while the chain is warm and let it sit for a while to prevent fling.  

nedro,

If you lube it after your ride, it'll be ready for the NEXT ride.  Repeat.
Sorry, I forgot we were talking about a chain.

BTW Conq. Hook, line and sinker.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
i do it weekly. after a ride come home and throw some wd40 on it, wipe off the gunk and then put a good coating of chain wax on it and then wash the whole bike.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
usually needs it once a week, but thats cuz my bike lives in the outdoors. Although I have a cover, the little extra time cleaning and lubing means my bike looks garage kept v. on kept on the sidewalk.

I use chainwax, it works pretty well, just have to make sure the chain is hot when applied and then sits for a few hours afterwards to set.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts