Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

I want to add some ride height to rear shock. Shock is on bike. I loosened blue lock nut but top nut (silver) seems to be part of shock. I thought I would be able to rotate it to add or remove ride height.

Is top nut part of shock body?

Does one have to remove suspension linkage to rotate whole lower eybolt to adjust ride height?

I have 6mm of thread showing below lock nut (pitch is 1 thread per mm). Does anyone know what stock setting is? (by stock, I mean how many threads are showing on ohlins shock elivered.)

Thanks.

·
Registered
215 Posts
You're doing it right Rydman. If the shock were off the bike you could spin the bottom eye bolt but since it's mounted you have to do it the way you're doing it. As for shock length I don't remember. I measured the length of the stock shock and set the Ohlins to the same length before installing, then raised it from there.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I figured a few things out. The groove cut into ride height adjustment threads remains hidden behind lock nut when you loosen it and spin it all the way down. About 7mm up from full down (7 turns) you can just see the cut groove under the lock nut.

I added 1.5mm (1.5turns) of additional shock length for 5mm of ride height at rear axle. with suspension fully extended.

The reason adjuster nut (top one) was so difficult to turn is it rotates the portion of the shock that is in contact with retains the lower end of spring. I have preload cranked up pretty high too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts