Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Retrofit HIDs, Angel eyes, Demon eyes, or all three (like me) for any bike, car, boat, whatever really.
I did it right, fuses, ample gauge wiring, 30 amp switches, connectors, baxter relays, Metal projectors with glass crystal lens, and best of all... FOR UNDER $200! so follow the pictures... and take from it what you want. There are smaller projectors (same brand) for new CBRs to retrofit them in just like me. Feel free to ask questions, give comments, and point out suggestions here.
This is NOT a kit and it's made from parts easily bought on Ebay and Radio Shack for under $200... All details are in the pics...
See below for more details.
Good Luck!
-Matt (Stillwater, MN)

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I started on 12-29-09 when I ordered the $49 dollars for the HIDs and ballasts and paid $116 for the projectors with angel eyes, the two 12 inch white LEDs and 4 12 inch Red LEDs, plus wiring = Less than $200

Clearly it's not a kit, so it's not plug and play... so I started tear down on 12-29-09 a couple hours a day for two days (on days off so 4 hours) and when everything was pulled apart it took another maybe 6 hours total to make a new wire harness, cut the reflector exactly right for the projectors, get the wires in for testing the lights and the wire harness, completing final fittment and ailignment of the projectors, incasing the wiring in weather plastic tubing and tucking them in, and finally getting the headlight assembly together along with all the plastics and the bolts etc....

Those are the major steps taking a total of 10 hours total for a complete perfectionist like myself... I have experience wiring sound systems in cars... so that helped cut down time on the wire harness... but if someone experienced did it... probably 8 hours. Plus I hope this "how to" can
help people cut the time and effort down to 8 or 9 hours for someone who is a beginer.

Remember if your ride has a motor and a battery you can do this mod... I know 929s have huge reflectors/headlight assemblies... but there are some good looking smaller projectors for those with say a newer cbr 600rr. I highly support the mod not just for looks but the safety of being seen better is important.

Let me know if you need help. My system has been working flawlessly since I did it... so I guess I did something right:)

Good luck, MattCbr

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mad respect for this proper how-to!
I have been searching for a proper how-to on projectors, for an 929.
Problem is there are 3 bulbs, which i.m.o. makes it hard to fit projectors.

I'm not sure wether I'll try it myself, or I just place a few HID's instead;)
Quick question:
-In the end the low-beam is still working, does this mean that you have the projectors working as a high beam? Do the halo eyes have seperate switches? If so, where did you place the switch? (pics?)

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yep, the high beams are HID I leave them on at all times (they're not pointed up in a high beam direction). I have the low beam there just incase the HIDs go out for some reason at night.

Everything is on a switch, HIDs, Angel eyes, Demon eyes, fan over ride, even a black out switch:eyebrows: (bike still runs with all lights off even the display)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you very much!
I'll guess I'll try this out myself, you have convinced me!

When I'm done I'll try to remember to post a pic of my achievements as well.

Cheers!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I know this is a dead thread, but this is the best write up I could find on the good ol' interwebz lol.

I REALLY want to do this, but all that wiring scares the **** out of me ha...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts