Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's another tested mod of mine. Esentially this mod is cutting out the hard stock foam and installing aftermarket foam. I chose medical foam that is like memory foam where it's dense and supportive designed for people who sit in wheel chairs all day.

My first attempt didn't utilize the full thickness of the foam and didn't have the aftermarket foam support the legs... you'll see that I highly suggest cutting a relief out of the center of your seat to take advantage of all 3 inches and also replace the foam where the legs rest too.

With that said, Good luck and I highly suggest this mod since stock seats suck for cruising and aftermarket replacement seats cost WAY to much.

·
Registered
46 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Matt---great post!! I had two seats so I figured I'd give it a try.

I cut the bottom as you suggested. I used poly foam, which is isn't quite memory foam but feels similar. Plus, that 14x14 size was only $5.99 at Hobby Lobby. Use a sweatshirt(as Matt said) and not a T-shirt as its not thick enough and the rips around the staples when its pulled hard. The seat cover was bought from ebay. I used a heat gun to get some extra stretch; took my eye off it for a bit too long and put that spot on it. Either way, it still looks better than it previously was. I'm looking forward to riding on it. I'll have a comfy seat and still a stock one.

CBR1.jpg
CBR2.jpg
CBR3.jpg
CBR4.jpg
CBR5.jpg

·
Registered
53 Posts
Wish I had seen that chart before I got mine.:crap: Well, at $6, if it lasts 1 full georgia riding season, I suppose I got my money's worth.

Looks like the lux foam is the best followed by the HD36; cost could determine what you actually get though. Either seems fine. Make sure to get 3inch thick foam if you want to cut the square relief hole.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts