Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search on this forum to change brakes but I couldnt find anything. Can some one point me in the right direction on instructions or just tell me how to do them. thanks.:)

edit: they are the front brakes pads

·
Registered
240 Posts
Loosen bolts holding pads in
Remove bolts holding calipers to forks
Remove calipers
Remove bolts holding pads in
Remove pads, put in new ones
Put dust shields back in, but bolts holding pads in
Put calipers back on forks, bolt on

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Now now, maybe hes new to the scene of Motorcycle Maintenance.

I'd think about getting a Haynes Manual or similar :thumb:
thank you:)

junkie... wtf dude... i guess when you first started working on bikes you knew everything there was to repairing them.... I'm learning dude and everyone has to start from somewhere. I replaced my regulator/rectifier/stator a couple months ago but i used the instructions that the people gave me on this site;)

·
Premium Member
21,012 Posts
thank you:)

I'm learning dude and everyone has to start from somewhere. I replaced my regulator/rectifier/stator a couple months ago but i used the instructions that the people gave me on this site;)
Good to see you're getting to grips with your repairs :thumb:

As Twincam pointed out, it would be of great benefit for you to pick up a Haynes (or similar) Workshop manual for the 954 (love that bike).

This is the best bike forum for Fireblades, everything you need to know is here....somewhere :smilebig: As you found with this thread, Junkie gave you the info you were looking for:thumb:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good to see you're getting to grips with your repairs :thumb:

As Twincam pointed out, it would be of great benefit for you to pick up a Haynes (or similar) Workshop manual for the 954 (love that bike).

This is the best bike forum for Fireblades, everything you need to know is here....somewhere :smilebig: As you found with this thread, Junkie gave you the info you were looking for:thumb:
Thanks bud. Backdoc sent me in the right direction. props to him

·
Registered
143 Posts
Just a suggestion and its not real technical.
The bolts to mount the calipers to the forks are the only ones i use Loctite on every time i loosen them for any reason.
Even with a torque wrench i would hate for one of them babies to fall out.

·
Registered
548 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.