Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've went through countless posts of everyone comparing dan kyle to a superhero of some sort, but does anyone have contact information, or do I need to shine the bat symbol in the air tonight?

I went to go for a ride today and noticed that my left fork seal is pouring oil out of it and the inner tube has some scratches. I'm not happy, but it is the right time of the year and it may be an excuse for an upgrade.

Thanks in advance

Luke

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wow, don't I feel like a jackass. I actually looked at that link and seen "kyle racing engines" and it just didn't sound suspension.

Thanks, that was fast

Luke

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
Yup, he builds racing engines, too. At least he used to, maybe he still does? He was AMA tuner of the year at one point as well.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The scratches in the chrome tube are so bad I can feel them with my fingernail. :(

anybody else have a fork on a 954 fail like this?

I'm assuming a bushing wore out or something. bike only has 9800 miles on it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
not many, I'm scared of the balance point. I'm no saint, occaisional power wheelie, but I'm reserved compared to most.

I have no business on a gsx-r

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
That is your problem then, alot of people say "But I set it down easy" yea right. Wheelies are the #1 cause of fork seals to go bad no matter how they are set down. Send them to Dan and get him to fix the seals and quit doing things the bike was not designed for and ride.

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
How to contact Dan Kyle? You don't need to. Just start a thread about how Penske shocks are better than Ohlins... He'll turn up.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
so I do the occasional wheelie and that makes my inside fork tube get scratched up?

Nobody else's front wheel ever leaves the ground around here I'm sure

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
so I do the occasional wheelie and that makes my inside fork tube get scratched up?

Nobody else's front wheel ever leaves the ground around here I'm sure
Dont get offensive, just stating the facts.

I am not sure about the scratch or how it got there, without seeing the bike.

Good luck.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sorry if I sounded defensive. Just wanted to clarify that I'm not a squid. Most sportbikes out there see way more abuse than mine.

If the guys riding VFR's with headlight modulators and wearing the yellow stripe vest are a 1. And GSX-r 1000 guy wearing shorts and a tanktop passing in blind corners and riding wheelies as far as the eye can see are a 10. I'm probably a 3 or 4.

Just seems odd to me that the scratches are there. I'm assuming a bushing failed or something.

Luke

1 - 20 of 27 Posts